Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

What does the the plus and the tick signs mean on the new spotify layout?

What does the the plus and the tick signs mean on the new spotify layout?

What does the the plus and the tick signs mean on the new spotify layout? Is it obvious? ive been trying to work it out and i cant seem to understand what they mean. 

Bring back the old layout. It was much easier and quicker to use.

30 Replies

@Peter: The link you provided actually doesn't get you anywhere, other than the general FAQ All list (I'm using Dutch (NL) as language). There is no specific FAQ item like you suggested.

Rgds, Peter

Hmmm I can't find it on the NL site either. Can you go to the UK page directly?
https://support.spotify.com/uk/problems/#!/article/how-do-i-add-albums-songs-and-artists-to-your-mus...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

You can check songs and they automatically move into the Your Music. You can then sort and play that by song, album, artist, and local files under Your Music. Yes it is a bit redundant with your Starred music and the 2 groups don't communicate. Your starred music can go into Your Music by checking all the songs, but that's tedious. So my assumption is Starred music will eventually be phased out for this new way of "starring" music. 

You can also easily remove a song from Your Music by unchecking in turn you will see a X. That song is now removed. 

I am not sure what you mean by TICK. If you elaborate I will try and help you. 

At least add the option of starring without a right click.

#firstworldproblems hahahahhaha!

Bring back the Star column or at least give us an option to show/hide it so everyone is happy.

This + and checkmark are not intuitive and lack visibility...

@icemaker wrote:

This + and checkmark are not intuitive and lack visibility...

Concur.  Releasing this version of Spotify without a good explanation of the check (tick) and plus symbol has made my user experience confusing and aggravating.  I've read the FAQ's and didn't see anywhere that it said if "saving" your song actually downloads it to your machine/device (this is usually what "saving" means), or if it just tags it to be in "Your Music."  I think "save" is a poor choice of words for this feature if it doesn't actually download (save) the song to your device to make it "Available Offline."  It would have been better to call it "Add to Your Music".  

And I guess "Starred" is just another playlist now.  Fine, that's no big deal.  

However, an FAQ with a thorough explanation and comparison of the following items would be a good idea:

1.  the check (tick) / plus(+) button

2.  the "save" terminology that adds something to "Your Music"

3.  the "download" (on the mobile app)

4.  the "make available offline" option (on the desktop program)

@Peter: Sorry for the delayed reply.

The UK link works properly.

Thanks!

Agree. I'd like the Stars back.  The new layout which I haven't figured out still is confusing and I don't see any benefits only negatives.  BRING BACK THE STARS. 

Hi,

I am a new user of just a few days and find in absolutley amazing that Spotify appear not even to bother to follow through and read comments and observations made by users.

This question appears to have been unanswered for over two years now.  If I have missed the answer I am sorry, it may be there but I should not have to read 80 odd messages from your good users who all have expanded my understanding for what is 'functionality of your software'. BUT BUT I still do not have a definative answer.  I would imaging a four line answer is required.

Sorry again for going off but the anoying habit of software vendors relying on their users to answer functionality is, as someone else says is 'sloppy'

kengboddy

good job Design/UX Spotify team
fail

Suggested posts