Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

how to display tracks shared to newsfeed/facebook

i regularly share tracks to my newsfeed and to my linked facebook account. is there any way of showing the history of tracks i have shared over the past week/month/year etc? i would find this very useful to review what i have been sharing and for usi...

• Music Fan
  • i regularly share tracks to my newsfeed and to my linked facebook account.   is there any way of showing the history of tracks i have shared over the past week/month/year etc?   i w...
  • andyg1966
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Crashing, CPU High

I've been having this issue for a while now. Probably about 2 months or something (I can't exactly remember). But Spotify has been really pissing me off lately. All I want to do is to listen to music, I don't mind the ads but sometimes my Spotify jus...

• Visitor
  • I've been having this issue for a while now. Probably about 2 months or something (I can't exactly remember). But Spotify has been really pissing me off lately. All I want to do is to listen to music...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Discover tab not working

So after one of the recent updates my disover tab wont display and music anymore. The tab only shows a picture of a man on a train with a woman listening to music is asleep on his arm. I have posted a screen shot below. ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS ISSUE?...

• So after one of the recent updates my disover tab wont display and music anymore. The tab only shows a picture of a man on a train with a woman listening to music is asleep on his arm. I have posted ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Logitech Gaming Software and Spotify Don't Like Each Other

Hi- Whenever my headset is being used with Spotify (Premium, if it helps), the desktop app crashes often (Windows). I have to restart Spotify several times to get it to work, and then it doesn't work with any media keys or volume controls. I have a L...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi- Whenever my headset is being used with Spotify (Premium, if it helps), the desktop app crashes often (Windows). I have to restart Spotify several times to get it to work, and then it doesn't wo...
  • iTor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Band had Related Artists, and suddenly the tab and info has disappeared

My band The Silence Kit has had a Related Artists page for the last 2 years or so, although the artists weren't terribly similar until recently. 2 weeks ago I checked it and was excited to see many of our influences were now in the Related Artists se...

spotifyrelated.jpg
  • My band The Silence Kit has had a Related Artists page for the last 2 years or so, although the artists weren't terribly similar until recently. 2 weeks ago I checked it and was excite...
  • VCF75
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

[solved]spotify plays the next song instead of the selected one

It's in the title, I have this issue. I click on one song, and spotify plays the next one instead of the one I clicked on. And spotify also plays the first second of the song and then go back at 0min0sec and plays the complete song. I have the last v...

• Casual Listener
  • It's in the title, I have this issue.  I click on one song, and spotify plays the next one instead of the one I clicked on. And spotify also plays the first second of the song and then go back...
  • Tchyyd
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

'Your music' and 'Local music'?

How to add my local music that is not on spotify to my library 'Your music' so i can have all my favorite music in one place and be able to fast remove or add them in one touch? (Before it was star on playback and it was great, now it's your music) H...

• Gig Goer
  • How to add my local music that is not on spotify to my library 'Your music' so i can have all my favorite music in one place and be able to fast remove or add them in one touch? (Before it was star o...
  • IronEleven
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't add a song on a playlist

ok, to add songs to my musics there's a limit of 10,000 songs, but then i've started using playlists and now i'm unable to do it. i've already tried to delete some song to see if there was a limit but it still didn't worked out

• Casual Listener
  • ok, to add songs to my musics there's a limit of 10,000 songs, but then i've started using playlists and now i'm unable to do it. i've already tried to delete some song to see if there was a limit bu...
  • stella-frag
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Empty Shared Playlist

Hey everyone! I just made a playlist that I wanted to share, but when I share the link, it shows up empty. I've tried unchecking the "Hide Unplayable Tracks" option, but still no luck. Does it take a while for tracks to show up in a shared playlist, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey everyone! I just made a playlist that I wanted to share, but when I share the link, it shows up empty. I've tried unchecking the "Hide Unplayable Tracks" option, but still no luck. Does it take a...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Accidentally turned off "Who To Follow".....

Sorry if this is well covered, but couldn't find anything exactly like it. I accidentally hid who to follow in the right corner and now can't get it to reappear. Any suggestions?

• Sorry if this is well covered, but couldn't find anything exactly like it. I accidentally hid who to follow in the right corner and now can't get it to reappear.  Any suggestions?
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

People following my secret playlist

I have gotten several messages telling me that someone is following my playlist, i have tried unpublishing it but this has not helped, i keep getting new people following it. I've tried to right click it to see if it is published, but no, it says "ma...

• Casual Listener
  • ...o right click it to see if it is published, but no, it says "make public".   Something must be wrong, how do i get rid of the followers and prevent more pepole following my playlists in the future?
  • patrick-1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Major Problems Since Yesterday - desktop app constantly "loading"

Huge problems since yesterday synching iphone to Windows desktop - just upgraded to 0.9.12.10 and what a HUGE mistake. None of my playlists are synching and they've all disappeared from my iphone. I've reinstalled both aps 3 times. I think the first ...

• Casual Listener
  • Huge problems since yesterday synching iphone to Windows desktop - just upgraded to 0.9.12.10 and what a HUGE mistake.  None of my playlists are synching and they've all disappeared from my ipho...
  • MikeSkip
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync local files to PC (Windows 7) and Iphone 4

I don't know what is happening. 1) I create a folder 2) I download music and put in that folder 3) Choose that foulder in "Preferences" on Spotify 4) As soon as I choose that folder, 100+ other folders are appearing out of nowhere inside of it See a ...

• Regular
  • I don't know what is happening.   1) I create a folder  2) I download music and put in that folder 3) Choose that foulder in "Preferences" on Spotify 4) As soon as I choose that f...
  • munyez33
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify offline cache issues

I've been a Spotify premium user for well over a year now, and in recent months I've had countless issues syncing my Windows desktop client, to the point I've considered it's probably more efficient to simply stream everything and cancel my subscript...

• I've been a Spotify premium user for well over a year now, and in recent months I've had countless issues syncing my Windows desktop client, to the point I've considered it's probably more effic...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows] Missing created playlist within client from web-based embedded multitrack list (0.9.12.10)

Description: In last versions it was possible to get a new created playlist within spotify client as soon as played any song from a web-based embedded multitrack playlist. Now in this version no playlist appears. To reproduce: - generate a web-based ...

• Casual Listener
  • Description: In last versions it was possible to get a new created playlist within spotify client as soon as played any song from a web-based embedded multitrack playlist. Now in this version no pl...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify radio doesn't remember likes/dislikes

I'm using Spotify radio almost everyday, and usually I do some likes, but I have no new songs in my playlist from February. What could it be? No matters if a like either from phone or pc app

• I'm using Spotify radio almost everyday, and usually I do some likes, but I have no new songs in my playlist from February.   What could it be?   No matters if a like either fr...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist stuck on loading

Hi One of my playlists shows its name as just 'Loading...', with no songs inside. No amount of logging out/in helps Also, this issue is present in my Android app as well as the web player. Help!

• Hi One of my playlists shows its name as just 'Loading...', with no songs inside. No amount of logging out/in helps Also, this issue is present in my Android app as well as the web player. Help!
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Reinstalling Spotify

In june, i was told to update spotify. I updated it, and it glitched out. I thought it was an installation issue. Uninstalled and attempted to reinstall and it wouldn't reinstall. I have tried all summer to reinstall. My laptop is a 64-bit. I have tr...

• In june, i was told to update spotify. I updated it, and it glitched out. I thought it was an installation issue. Uninstalled and attempted to reinstall and it wouldn't reinstall. I have tried al...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio stations have the exact same songs every time Spotify loads and radio station playback issues

Hello. Recently (in the last month or so) it appears that Spotify radio was changed so that you could see in the future of what radio was going to play whereas before you could only see what was played in the past. Since that change, all of my radio ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. Recently (in the last month or so) it appears that Spotify radio was changed so that you could see in the future of what radio was going to play whereas before you could only see what was play...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Related artist is the artist iself

Hi, I saw a strange thing on my own artist profile Dr. Sounds, the first related artist is Dr. Sounds iself.

• Community Legend
  • Hi, I saw a strange thing on my own artist profile Dr. Sounds, the first related artist is Dr. Sounds iself.  
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes