Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not receiving mail notifications from spotify

Not receiving mail notifications from spotify

I have the option on, and i see that artists are releasing music but since 9th of november i'm not receiving any mails

13 Replies

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Windows-Phone-etc/Not-getting-Email-Notifications/td...

Check this link, he have the same problem. just read im sure you'll find something out. 

Hi @all

I have the same issue: Since 10 November I didn't received any notification about new releases, etc. Before it works and I received a lot notification about new releases, etc.

I didn't changed my email address so far and I checked twice if it is correctly set.

Do other users have also this issue?

Greetz

ShirKhan76

Ok, so it's not a problem of mine, thanks for telling and if you find any solution please put it here

Hi @all

Just to make it clear: I'm talking about the email notification within the Spotify application that send you notifications about new release from your favorite artists. And YES, I already activated all notifications in the Spotify application since the beginning I use Spotify (see attachment).

Also my email address is valid and was never changed.

Just saying because I received an email from the Spotifiy community that describes how to activate notifications in the spotify community application (LOL).

Greetz

ShirKhan76

2016-11-29_09-59-12.jpg

Hey, i've recently contacted spotify support about this issue and they told me that they are investigating and will tell me it they find something

Hi joaco335

Thank you very much for your support. Hopefully the spotify support find a solution quickly.

Greetz

ShirKhan76

Hey, so while using the spotify desktop app i realized that artists i followed, i'm not following them anymore, well, it shows like i'm following them but it gives me the option to follow them, see the red squares

Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png

Hi joaco335

I determined the same issue with the artist that I follow.

Please ask the Spotify support, if they did an upgrade or something else that produced this issue. I'm pretty sure that I received new release notification from the artist that I'm follows before 10th November.

Thank you in advance!

Greetz

ShirKhan76

So, the customer service just keeps asking stupid questions, i've sent them all the info, they won't solve the problem so that's it, if you find any solution please tell me, maybe if we unfollow the artists and follow them again? i don't know what to do...

Hi joaco335

Seriously, the costomer service won't solve the problem?! For what they are good for???

I checked all my artists that I follow. In the artist overview all artists marked with follow, but if I had a look on the artist page itself, some of them lost the follow tag. So I re-follow them. This was a week ago, but I still receive no notifications for new releases.

So anything looks good for me: notifications are enabled and the follow tag is shown on the artist overview page and on the artist pages itself.

Please contact the customer support again.

Thank you in advance

Greetz

ShirKhan76

Try contacting you the customer support

I have exactly the same problem, also starting from 10th November. I sent support an email just now, but the fact this has been broken for almost 2 months now makes me think their engineers are either severly overworked, incompetent, or both.

I think it might be time for me to look into changing to another service to be honest, as a permanent list of notifications about new music from ALL the artists I follow is the main feature that I want.

Honestly, push notifications SUCK. Nobody has time to consistently take immediate action on new music push notifications (i.e. listen to a whole album / EP / single). They're simply not suitable as the primary notification medium for this content type. We need a persistent list of notifications, that we can go through at our own leisure. The old notifications system within the app was ideal, I have no idea who thought it was a good idea to remove such an amazing feature. Now the only workaround is to use emails, and this feature has been broken for two months...

UNACCEPTABLE Spotify, get your act together.

Let me describe my dealings with spotify support about that notification issue. there's no happy ending and so solutions though.

I had email notification problems for a pretty long time now. The first time I reported about that was exactly 2 years ago in 2015. 

I contacted them about notifications many many times since 2015. Each time they've been asking if I have ticked all notification boxes in the setting, asking me to send a screenshot, about my e-mail, for any changes i made (none). And each time they said their tech team has been notified and they're are on it.

Then a radio silce, notifications never work. And then I ask them about the status of the issue after a while and they start the whole process of asking me about checking boxes in notification settings etc etc AGAIN. 

Notifications worked once as I remember, half a year ago when i did receive some notifications (not all, i only some info about subscribers of my playlists but no news from followed artists, nor profile subscribers or anything else) on my inbox for a 2-3 months. I reported that too. Then it stopped working altogether again.

i reached out to support about 6-7 times about that issue i think, every time the same and i never got any answers just promises. Not even "sorry, we couldn't find a fix". they just let me hang there, hoping i'd forget or what? 

i actually not even sure if any of my notifications (email, push) has EVER worked properly in 100%, but then I didn't pay much attention to that because I had my desktop notifs. Then they removed it. And now there's nothing working. It's really disappointing but i really have no more energy to deal with them anymore, really.

Suggested posts