Country

Japan/USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

What is going on with this update?
There are a multitude of issues, one of them being that when I add a duplicate track, Spotify no longer warns me of it.

Another issue is that the song list is so bloated that it's hard to see your list of songs when you're looking for that one song you want to listen to, it takes so much scrolling to find now due to the huge bars with the picture of the album needing to be included. Is there no option to take this out and bring it back to the compact list? When I'm multitasking and want to hear a song, I don't want to scroll through pages of blocky banners for each song name to find my track!

Another issue is that each artist now doesn't have all their songs listed on one page. You have to manually click each album to find a track. I don't understand why this was necessary when the old list with all the songs on the same page with the album title on the top worked fine. Clicking in and out of each album to find a song you want is just a waste of time and makes it frustrating to use.

So much for efficiency and convenience. This last update was such a step backwards. At this rate I will start looking for other services who can make a UI that isn't actually a frustrating experience and borderline pain to use.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @gh0stygh0stygh0,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the community and sharing your feelings for the New Desktop experience.

We'd recommend posting your feedback in the Feedback thread. The info from there goes straight to the developer team, who are looking to improve the app in future updates.

Hope you find this info useful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @gh0stygh0stygh0,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the community and sharing your feelings for the New Desktop experience.

We'd recommend posting your feedback in the Feedback thread. The info from there goes straight to the developer team, who are looking to improve the app in future updates.

Hope you find this info useful. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you Alex, will do! I really hope they change this back soon!

Suggested posts