Free

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Hello users, I recently installed spotify on my new pc, and I get this error every time I try to log in, *A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally you could try changing the currently used proxy settings. (Error code: auth15).

I do not use a vpn while opening spotify and I have tried to reinstall Spotify multiple times. I have the Proxy set to autodetect.I also checked the Spotify forum and none of there fixes worked for me.

Can I please get some help with this?

6 Replies

Hey @Mason221

Have you tried to make any changes to your firewall settings? If so then it might be an issue with your pc. You can try clearing your hosts file by following the steps in this article.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

this is for web player not the windows app version

Hey @Mason221,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for the clarification.

In that case, we'd recommend cleaning cache and cookies from your browser and try it in an incognito window. If that doesn't do the trick, would you mind checking with a different WiFi network or a mobile data hotspot to see if it makes any difference? This will give us a better look at the issue.

We'll be on the lookout for your next response.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

do login with google

if it says something went wrong go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc and delete all the files

it works:) thanks

Been having this exact issue - I just went to Microsoft Edge and logged in there and it was OK. Might be a Chrome thing?

Suggested posts