Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

When I play a local song, any songs after it have no album art.

When I play a local song, any songs after it have no album art.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I play a local file song with no album cover, every song after will have no album cover until I restart spotify in both the bottom right and "Now Playing" Tab

image.png
6 Replies

Hey @locuslol,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Let's try performing a clean reinstall of the app as described here. Did this bring any change?

Also try using a different account as a test. Any difference?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello, i have tried a clean install and different account to no avail.

Hey @locuslol,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

If the clean reinstall doesn't do the trick, this issue could be related to some specific cache not cleared by the previous process. In this case, we'd recommend clearing any entries which contain Spotify from the host files on your computer by following the instructions mentioned in this post (even if it's a different issue).

If the issue persists, include in your next response the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

Hope this helps. We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

• Premium

Device

Macbook Pro

My Question or Issue

Hi! I uploaded music from my local files to another playlist on my mac and the audio works fine. But the image doesn't change from the cover image of the first audio I uploaded, it doesn't change from audio to audio. And when I try to play it on my phone it doesn't work. 

If it helps this is what I did:

I used the Music app that comes with every apple device. I went to info and then artworks and uploaded my photos and saved it to my files on download. It then showed up on my local files on spotify and I imported the audios to another playlist. And you know the rest. 

What should I do to fix this problem?

I did this to no avail. My spotify version is "Spotify for Windows (64 bit)
1.2.21.1104.g42cf0a50"

Hi there,

Thanks for letting us know. We'll happily pass your info onto the appropriate team so that they can investigate this. Be advised however that we cannot say for certain at the moment when or if this is going to get implemented.

Cheers!

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts