Plan

Free

Country

Brazil

**bleep**

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

For some reason a week ago or so whenever i put my songs on repeat when they get to the 8 to 10 seconds mark it starts lagging, and continues so for more 5 to 10 seconds, and then it comes back to the point it started lagging (8 to 10 seconds) and plays normally. I have reinstalled 4 times now (in all the cases i uninstalled in the programs and features), tested with everything closed, restarted my PC, created a new account, changed all the settings in all the ways i could imagine, cleaned the data on the %app data%, signed out of all devices and NONE of those worked. I'm completely out of options. And i use it for more than 5 years and nothing like this has ever happened before. Everything else is fine but having this issue every time i want to repeat a song is NERVE-RACKING. Please help.

24 Replies

I've had this exact same problem - I didn't notice it was just repeating songs, but it's definitely been happening (it's skewed closer to the 6-7 second mark for me, I believe). A fix or explanation for this would be great because I listen to songs on repeat so much 😩

no mods are making this thing solve btw, this is the 4th post i see about this bug and mods are just waste time about this problem they said they passed to the right team but they wont say that on the new posts they make on other posts that posted after mine hope we find a solution

Hey @Heaze, does this happen only on your Widnows 10 machine? How does it look on your phone or on a different PC?

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My phone doesn't have Spotify Premium so i can't repeat songs, and i also don't have a secondary PC. But i use an app to hear music on my phone and it works fine when i put on repeat.

I also hear and play any music or sound perfectly on repeat in any kind of thing, Youtube, Netflix basically everything works fine besides Spotify.

Hey @Heaze,

Thanks for the replies.

Can you try logging in with another account on your PC to try if you encounter the same issue? You can create a free account for test purposes.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

AlexModerator

I had already created another account to try it, but created another one now and the problem still remains.

Hey @Heaze,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

If the new account has the same issue, it could be related to the stored cache in your device. We'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app. This is often an overlooked step, but it’s more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cache that might be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists, could you log in with your Premium account on your mobile device to see if you have the same issue? To do so, you just need to log out from the current session in your mobile device (as you mentioned it’s not the Premium account), and log back in using the credentials of your Premium account. With this, we can get a better look at the issue. 

We'll be waiting for your response. 

OscarDCModerator

for some reason i responded to this and it isn't here anymore (or at least i can't see it), so i'll type it again:

I did the clean reinstall, step by step as it is on the article, but the problem still remains. I even created a new account and logged in it for me to try not going to mine right away if that were to be the problem.

I never said i had a Premium account. Since i don't have one i can't log in a Premium account on my phone to see if i have the same issue in it, but i can assure that everything else that plays musics, audio, videos etc works just fine in my phone and on my PC (that is where i mainly use Spotify).

Hey @Heaze,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

In case you're using the app from our website, could you try downloading it from the Microsoft store to see if that changes anything?

If that doesn't make a difference, could you please share with us a video recording of the issue? Just make sure that no sensitive or private info is hidden. We'll look into this further.

Keep us in the loop.

Ver Moderator

When i did the clean reinstall the article said to download it from Microsoft store, and as i said: the problem still remains.

I prefer not to do a video since it is exactly what i described in the first post, it's literally just that. In the beginning of the song, after the loop, it lags for 5 to 10 seconds and then plays normally.

Hi @Heaze,

Thanks for your response.

We've asked for a video as it will enable our teams to look deeper in this situation, as we were not able to replicate this issue so far. You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

On another note, does this situation occurs also for you also when using the web player?  

Hope this makes a difference. Let us know how you get on.

Kiril Moderator

It is extremely short and the bug starts 1 second after the video begins and then ends. The reason for this is that a video longer than this would be more then 5MB and it doesn't let me post things with more then 5MB. I will do another post showing the moment where it ends and goes back to normal.

the whole time between the last video and this one it was just looping that lag on the audio. ~if you want to see the looping on the lag for some reason, i can do another 3 second video showing it~

and responding the other thing you said: I tried listening on the WebPlayer and it works perfectly fine. For some reason this bug (for me) is a Spotify App (windows 10)  only.

OBS: both videos i did without my headset so that you can hear it better on the video, but it is exactly the same with my headset plugged in.

I just read that here i can send a link instead of uploading a video ~which would be limited to 5MB~ so here's a link of the full video on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhGE5xi_rxs

Estou sorrindo fortemente enquanto ouço em loop A Man Without Love, agradeço de verdade ❤️

I have this exact issue. While a song is on repeat or at the start of playback, a stutter occurs between 5-10s, repeating about a second of the song 1-4 times almost every single time. Clearing cache, reinstalling the app and downgrading audio drivers did not help. This has been going on for about a month.

This occurs on the desktop app, both from MS Store and classic exe install, on Windows 10 (can confirm on two machines). Web player and Android are unaffected. I have the Free plan.

I have the exact same issue.

Suggested posts