Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Where has the repeat button gone November 2020

Where has the repeat button gone November 2020

I don’t understand why some Spotify user interface changes are made when they make the experience WORSE. Where is the user research informing that users don’t want the repeat functionality (or clear visibility of this functionality) anymore???

I now have to post in a community forum to try and find the answer of where the heck the repeat song option has gone. I only have the shuffle icon.

If this feature has been removed I will be cancelling my Spotify subscription as it no longer meets my needs.

3 Replies

Hi there @Jesscee,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

You're probably talking about the New Desktop experience test. Our developers are trying to improve the app and are collecting user feedback in this Thread. You can leave your comments on how to improve the Desktop app and the features you'd like to see.

Note that this is not the final version of the app and it will change over the next few updates.

Regarding the repeat button - it should be visible in the Now playing view. You can send us a screenshot of how things look on your end so that we can investigate this further.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there,

I was also very annoyed by this but I just noticed this only happens while playing podcasts. I am able to use replay and shuffle on my "regular" library songs.

spotify_play_bar.PNG

Hi @rodgermoore,

Normally there are no Repeat/Shuffle buttons when in the Podcast Now Playing view. You have the options to forward or go back 15 seconds. This is how it's intended by design.

However, if you'd like to see changes to the interface in the future we strongly recommend posting your feedback in the thread mentioned above 🙂

Let us know if you have more questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts