Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

While listening on desktop, Google Nest on a different account takes over on Connected Devices

Solved!

While listening on desktop, Google Nest on a different account takes over on Connected Devices

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Laptop; Google Nest Mini

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

My problem is as follows: I begin listening to Spotify on my laptop's Spotify app. This computer uses my own personal Premium account. My family has a Google Nest Mini in a separate room that is connected to an entirely different Spotify account. When someone starts listening to music on that separate device and account,  my laptop's currently playing song is overwritten. It shows that it's now playing on a connected device, even thought that Google Nest is connected to a separate account. 

I've tried: unlinking the account tied to that Google speaker and retrying logging in; Signing out of Spotify on all devices;  Forcing a sign out through my Spotify account.

Is there a way to prevent that speaker from interrupting my laptop? I do not want to cast to that speaker, which is why I helped set it up on a separate account.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

I apologize for never replying. Things happen and I forgot all about this post.

The thing that ended up working was completely unlinking my Spotify account from the Google Home app and linking the other account.

It seems that the best thing to do is to make sure that if you use your Spotify on different speakers, use a different account for the Google Nest speakers. Otherwise devices on the same network will override your currently playing music.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @Uhnrealistic

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

Could you let us know if it also happens if you're connected to a different network than the one the Google speaker is connected to? You could try creating a hotspot on your phone and using that.

Also, can you try and see if the same happens if you're listening on a device other than your laptop?

Lastly, try heading over to your Apps page here and Remove Access from Google.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp
Marked as solution

Hello!

I apologize for never replying. Things happen and I forgot all about this post.

The thing that ended up working was completely unlinking my Spotify account from the Google Home app and linking the other account.

It seems that the best thing to do is to make sure that if you use your Spotify on different speakers, use a different account for the Google Nest speakers. Otherwise devices on the same network will override your currently playing music.

Thanks for the update, @Uhnrealistic!

We're happy things are now working for you as they should and we're here if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

Have a good day.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts