Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is Smart Shuffle turning itself back on, after i turn it off?

Why is Smart Shuffle turning itself back on, after i turn it off?

I just want to shuffle the songs I put into a playlist. When I initially turn on shuffle, it defaults to smart shuffle. When i turn it off, i have to reactivate shuffle mode - the icon looks like it is accurate. If i leave it, or try to skip - it automatically reenables smart shuffle. PLEASE HELP
2 Replies

Hey @futbolsven,

Thanks for reaching out & let's do some troubleshooting! 🙂 

This is a very odd app behaviour and it might be caused by the app's temporary cached data. 
To remove it and see if this is the case - follow the steps here.

Should the issue persist after this, take a look at this article & go over the listed steps.
In doing so, we'll install a completely new copy of the app on your device, while fixing the issue or at least ruling out if the it's being caused by an error related to your local copy of the app.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply!

P.S. 
In case the issue doesn't resolve itself, we'd also appreciate it if you could send us some screenshots or a link to a video recording of what you're seeing on your end. Many thanks!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

MacBook Pro 14-inch 2021

Operating System

Mac Sonoma 14.4

Spotify version:

Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon)
1.2.32.997.g4c6498b6

My Question or Issue

When I start my playlist, and I minimise my Spotify, or switch desktops, the smart-shuffle 'feature' enables itself. See the attached video. Very frustrating...

Please add an option to toggle this 'feature' in the settings so I can disable smart shuffle as a whole.

Suggested posts