Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Why is Spotify telling me the disk is full when the Cache is only 1GB (Limit set to 100GB)?

Solved!

Why is Spotify telling me the disk is full when the Cache is only 1GB (Limit set to 100GB)?

I have over 400GB of free space on my laptops HDD, far more on my desktop if move some files around. So, to me, having a 100GB limit is absurd. If I am allowed to have more than 100GB of cache on my own computers I would very much like to know how that can be arranged.

But, the more pressing matter:
I want to have my entire Starred playlist saved to my laptops HDD. When it hit about 20 songs I got a warning that songs couldn't be synced, "maybe the disk is full?". So I increased the cache size from 10% of the of the free disk space (which would have been about 40GB) to the max. I am apparently allowed to have, 100GB. It was then willing to sync tracks again, but I'm now getting the same message after the playlist is closing in on 40 songs. I have only just started using Spotify, my Starred list will probably reach hundreds of songs over the next few months and if I could have that list saved to my laptops HDD, which has plenty of space, well that'd be great.

Why is this happening when the Cache hasn't even broken 1GB.

*Edited by MichaelW to delete the code at the end of the message.*

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @habibjp ! 

The only limit we have is that you can sync a maximum of 3,333 songs per device. More info: https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-offline/?in=search

That shouldn't happen again, but if it does, let us know and we'll find out!

Happy new year!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Ok no idea where all that random code at the end of my post came from, I tried editing it to delete it but it just comes back again.

Anyway, I have now discovered that this problem (now, at least) seems to be specific to the song Champagne, from the album Palm Trees and Power Lines, by Sugarcult. So, what? Does Spotify disapprove of my taste or something?

gaaaah.PNG

The song has now synced, my starred playlist stands at 49 songs, with no more issues (yet). Would still appreciate some help/advice with whatever the problem was/is. Thanks

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

I have escalated this message to the Spotify team, because I don't know what the problem might be. 

A Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible. 

Ps: I have edited your message above to delete the code. 

Cheers 🙂

Marked as solution

Hi @habibjp ! 

The only limit we have is that you can sync a maximum of 3,333 songs per device. More info: https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-offline/?in=search

That shouldn't happen again, but if it does, let us know and we'll find out!

Happy new year!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

your ram is probab;y set to 1GB

i synced 3,399 .-.

lolwhut I have 8GB.

The same thing is happening to my Android when I have plenty of space available. As much as I hit the "OK" button after the warning, it does not allow you to even go to your mobile Spotify settings. How do you "deselect playlists" when you can't reach them?!

This **bleep** is happening on my computer as well !!!!! **bleep** spotify ?  I cancelled this subscription over this goofy **bleep** years ago, and today I come back and already this **bleep** is happening !!!  I just want to listen to f'n music without going through your endless retart hoopla of fragmented **bleep** !  Is that too much to ask ?

It saying the same for me, and i only have 2868 songs. 

Any solution for this?  I have less than 1000 songs on a 500GB drive with over 400GB of free space.

Suggested posts