Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • removeallpodcasts
  • Regular
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 250 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Error 408 - Can't login even though I'm in the same country

I've been getting the 408 error for the past few days even though I've been in Canada for the last two months. I've tried reinstalling Spotify, but the same error occurs. I don't have a second account on Facebook, so it's not a multiple account issue...

• I've been getting the 408 error for the past few days even though I've been in Canada for the last two months. I've tried reinstalling Spotify, but the same error occurs. I don't have a second accoun...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

error code 18

If you are getting "error code 18" in Windows DO NOT use Ctrl Pnl Programs and Feature Uninstall as suggested by Spotify. It leaves too much **bleep** and you will be left in no man's land, unable to install OR unistall. Use Revo THEN reinstall. If t...

• If you are getting "error code 18" in Windows DO NOT use Ctrl Pnl Programs and Feature Uninstall as suggested by Spotify.  It leaves too much **bleep** and you will be left in no man's land, una...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Processing/CPU issue

I stopped using Spotify a few years ago, but just recently I re-upped my subscription so I could have something to listen to on longer car drives. Back when I used to be a regular user, I started deliberately downgrading the software, mainly because ...

• I stopped using Spotify a few years ago, but just recently I re-upped my subscription so I could have something to listen to on longer car drives. Back when I used to be a regular user, I started del...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't connect

I haven''t found a solution to this.A typical situation is I'm listening to Spotify. Then I have to leave the computer for some reason, or sometimes I just close my laptop. Then I return and start browsing and everything works lika a charm onlie...ex...

• I haven''t found a solution to this. A typical situation is I'm listening to Spotify. Then I have to leave the computer for some reason, or sometimes I just close my laptop. Then I return and start ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cover art

I cant seem to customise my cover art to just one picture.The saved picture/pictures to my laptop are the correct format and size but everytime I put the image on the playlist and click save, nothing chnages.Please help.

• I cant seem to customise my cover art to just one picture. The saved picture/pictures to my laptop are the correct format and size but everytime I  put the image on the playlist and click save...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

My playlists don't come up when I try to add a song to a playlist

Since the Windows update, my Spotify has been slow, and I'm having a problem with adding songs onto any of my playlists. I try adding a song, and obviously, usually all of my playlists come up, but only ''New Playlist'' comes up. It's really frustrat...

• Since the Windows update, my Spotify has been slow, and I'm having a problem with adding songs onto any of my playlists. I try adding a song, and obviously, usually all of my playlists come up, but o...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Shuffle mode won't shuffle from the whole playlist.

Hello! I post this as Desktop (Windows) because it's what I'm running when recording this. I've had the same issues on my Android phone aswell. The problem is that when I have Shuffle mode activated, it doesn't shuffle from my entire playlist. I only...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello!  I post this as Desktop (Windows) because it's what I'm running when recording this. I've had the same issues on my Android phone aswell.   The problem is that when I have Shuff...
  • Siilverstar
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Account Management Not working on Internet Explorer 11

I just signed up for Spotify Family, but can't access the 'Premium for Family' account management page on IE 11. It works on Chrome.I can manage, but just thought you should know.Also, as a paying customer, why don't you have a support email address?

• Regular
  • I just signed up for Spotify Family, but can't access the 'Premium for Family' account management page on IE 11. It works on Chrome. I can manage, but just thought you should know. Also, as a payin...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist 'Make Secret' and 'Make Public' confused

I'm posting this on desktop because the correct button is on my Android which shows 'Make Public' when in fact my playlist IS SECRET. However, on my desktop, it says 'Make Secret'. When I click on Make Secret on desktop it goes public (I can see it o...

• Roadie
  • I'm posting this on desktop because the correct button is on my Android which shows 'Make Public' when in fact my playlist IS SECRET. However, on my desktop, it says 'Make Secret'.   When I c...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    Desktop
    Playlists
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Adding Local Files to Playlist

Hello! I've been having a little trouble adding local files into a playlist to make them available for listening offline. I know I've added the source successfully because when I search the specific album name from my local files the search gives two...

• Hello!   I've been having a little trouble adding local files into a playlist to make them available for listening offline. I know I've added the source successfully because when I search the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Ed Sheeran Not Playing

Hi, I just started having this issue tonight and it's making me frustrated. On my Surface Pro 4, my Spotify app won't play any songs at all from Ed Sheeran. (I've been listening to him on repeat for the past week or so. Don't judge.) Basically, I cho...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I just started having this issue tonight and it's making me frustrated. On my Surface Pro 4, my Spotify app won't play any songs at all from Ed Sheeran. (I've been listening to him on re...
  • marchone
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify on surface pro 4 skips next song

When playing spotify on my Microsoft surface pro 4 instead of following the songs of the album, it skips to another one.

• When playing spotify on my Microsoft surface pro 4 instead of following the songs of the album, it skips to another one.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Call# 1_833_327_2999 Amazon Prime Phone Number

Call# 1_833_327_2999 Amazon Prime Phone NumberCall# 1_833_327_2999 Amazon Prime Phone NumberCall# 1_833_327_2999 Amazon Prime Phone NumberCall# 1_833_327_2999 Amazon Prime Phone NumberCall# 1_833_327_2999 Amazon Prime Phone Number Amazon Prime Custom...

• Regular
  • Call# 1_833_327_2999 Amazon Prime Phone Number Call# 1_833_327_2999 Amazon Prime Phone Number Call# 1_833_327_2999 Amazon Prime Phone Number Call# 1_833_327_2999 Amazon Prime Phone Number Call# 1...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums and playlists keep restarting

For the last month or so, my albums and playlists have been randomly restarting, sometimes after as little as one song. This never happens in the middle of the song, but usually what will happen is that after a song in the middle of the album finishe...

• For the last month or so, my albums and playlists have been randomly restarting, sometimes after as little as one song. This never happens in the middle of the song, but usually what will happen is t...
  • smcg
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! open.spotify.com content won't play through spotify premium app

I was searching for content with google and found many albums that couldn't be found through the search function of the app that came with my premium memberships. The premium app works well with content found through it. I tried Chrome, Firefox and E...

• Casual Listener
  • I was searching for content with google and found many albums that couldn't be found through the search function of the app that came with my premium memberships. The premium app works well with cont...
  • wwhit2220
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

All Music Deleted

I've been a Spotify Premium user for 2-3 years, with one account. Yesterday, while I was in the middle of using the app on my iphone, I was logged out and when I logged back in every single song and playlist I'd made had been deleted. I'm hoping ther...

• Visitor
  • I've been a Spotify Premium user for 2-3 years, with one account.  Yesterday, while I was in the middle of using the app on my iphone, I was logged out and when I logged back in every single son...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Converting local MP3 playlists to Spotify playlists?

Hi From the "old days" I have some MP3 music files on my computer, from which I'd like to create a matching Spotify playlist, so I could delete the local MP3 files and use only Spotify. Is this technically possible somehow? For example in WinAmp you ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   From the "old days" I have some MP3 music files on my computer, from which I'd like to create a matching Spotify playlist, so I could delete the local MP3 files and use only Spotify. Is t...
  • tekarijee
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! What is a good alternative to Spotify ?

I've been using Spotify for years, both on my PC and on my different mobile phones, paying a Premium subscription every month, but how they could force upon us this "new" unfinished piece of crap is beyond me o.O So, just out of general principle, I'...

• Roadie
  • I've been using Spotify for years, both on my PC and on my different mobile phones, paying a Premium subscription every month, but how they could force upon us this "new" unfinished piece of crap is ...
  • thebunnyrules
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 19 likes
  • Windows
  • 13 replies
  • 19 likes