Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • LukaMatsunoki
  • Visitor
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 268 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Can't play current track?

Keep getting 'Can't play current track' message randomly when I am listening to music. Stops my playlists dead (as in does not skip to the next tune) and also someitmes tunes that dont work one minute work the next. Becoming very frustrating, don't u...

• Casual Listener
  • Keep getting 'Can't play current track' message randomly when I am listening to music. Stops my playlists dead (as in does not skip to the next tune) and also someitmes tunes that dont work one minut...
  • ijenkins-ca
  • 221 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 221 replies
  • 24 likes

Restore the "Your Top Songs 2015" playlist

Hi, I've been looking for some time on how to restore a really old playlist, namely my "Your Top Songs 2015" playlist. It's old enough to not show up on the restore old playlist-page. If I recall correctly it was also before this account was changed ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I've been looking for some time on how to restore a really old playlist, namely my "Your Top Songs 2015" playlist. It's old enough to not show up on the restore old playlist-page. If I r...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

How to add song to playlist?

When I go to a song, the three little dots produce eight options, such as 'make secret' or 'share.' But I don't get 'add to playlist' I have watched the instructional videos. In those, clicking on the three dots produces 'add to playlist,' but I am n...

• When I go to a song, the three little dots produce eight options, such as 'make secret' or 'share.' But I don't get 'add to playlist' I have watched the instructional videos. In those, clicking on th...
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify sound won't play through headset

I've recently got a USB powered Razer headset for Christmas. It's been working perfectly fine for the past few weeks and I've used Spotify often with these. Now all of a sudden, Spotify won't play anything through the headset. It does work with my sp...

• Visitor
  • I've recently got a USB powered Razer headset for Christmas. It's been working perfectly fine for the past few weeks and I've used Spotify often with these. Now all of a sudden, Spotify won't pl...
  • 4ctionRadar
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Fonts does not scale properly on high resolution screens

Hi,Some time ago, when high resolution desktop screens (like 4k) were still relativly new, Spotify had some problems with the fonts in the Windows desktop version leading to pixly and ugly user experience. This issue was solved, and has been solved f...

Spotify Capture.PNG
  • Regular
  • Hi, Some time ago, when high resolution desktop screens (like 4k) were still relativly new, Spotify had some problems with the fonts in the Windows desktop version leading to  pixly a...
  • hagman22
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
    font
    no true type
    ugly
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

System tray icon issue

My spotify when closed isnt showing a system tray icon even though its still playing and option is checked. is there an update today fix?

• My spotify when closed isnt showing a system tray icon even though its still playing and option is checked. is there an update today fix?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do you import Groove music into Spotify

Microsoft has discontinued their Groove service and recommended I use Spotify. How do you import the music to the application

• Microsoft has discontinued their Groove service and recommended I use Spotify. How do you import the music to the application
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify desktop for Windows will not recognize my Samsung TV

I've seen this posted in other threads but not in a recent one so I'm starting this topic anew: Spotify desktop for Windows 10 has stopped recognizing my Samsung TV UHDTV MU8000. It has been working fine since I got my new laptop two months ago. Now,...

• I've seen this posted in other threads but not in a recent one so I'm starting this topic anew:   Spotify desktop for Windows 10 has stopped recognizing my Samsung TV UHDTV MU8000. It has been...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify skips tracks immediately, won't play any tracks PC VOIP

Hi, I'm playing spotify on my desktop, not sure if it's related to just switching to a VOIP service where the ethernet cable now goes in and out of the phone to the PC, where it went directly to the PC before, but when I click on a track it starts pl...

• Hi, I'm playing spotify on my desktop, not sure if it's related to just switching to a VOIP service where the ethernet cable now goes in and out of the phone to the PC, where it went directly to the ...
  • nepajohnny
  • 42 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Windows
  • 42 replies
  • 10 likes

Solved!! Spotify cannot find api-ms-win-core-processthreads-l1-1-2.dll problem

Spotify does not open and gives water problems : Spotify cannot find api-ms-win-core-processthreads-l1-1-2.dll . Please re- install this application . Still this error is coming when I tried to delete .

• Spotify does not open and gives water problems : Spotify cannot find api-ms-win-core-processthreads-l1-1-2.dll . Please re- install this application . Still this error is coming when I trie...
  • primebishop
  • 32 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 32 replies
  • 1 likes

Cant sign in to windows desktop app

signed up to spotify 3 weeks ago. im unable to access the app on my pc. i put my username and email in and then it just sits there and nothing happens. any help would be appreciated.

• signed up to spotify 3 weeks ago.  im unable to access the app on my pc.  i put my username and email in and then it just sits there and nothing happens.   any help would be apprecia...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

I can't find my saved songs

Hi,I have saved a bunch of songs and albums, but now when I go to my "Songs" or "Albums" page they do not show up there. If I go to one of my playlists or an artist profile, songs that I have saved still show the checkmark, but then they aren't there...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have saved a bunch of songs and albums, but now when I go to my "Songs" or "Albums" page they do not show up there. If I go to one of my playlists or an artist profile, songs that I have saved...
  • MusicalAesthete
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

can't rearrange tracks on a playlist

i'm able to rearrange all of my other playlists, and everything else works fine, it's just this one playlist i'm not able to alter.

• Casual Listener
  • i'm able to rearrange all of my other playlists, and everything else works fine, it's just this one playlist i'm not able to alter.
  • lolarosales
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

I Can't See All of My Playlists???

So, I have a lot of playlists. At least 20. And recently, whenever I try to add a song to a playlist, I can only ever see the first few playlists I have. As you can see, "Sunday Morning" is the last playlist that shows up in the menu, but it isn't th...

• Casual Listener
  • So, I have a lot of playlists. At least 20. And recently, whenever I try to add a song to a playlist, I can only ever see the first few playlists I have. As you can see, "Sunday Morning" is the last ...
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on laptop claims NO song is available. Works fine on other devices on same wifi.

I have a laptop with win10, legal and updated version.My spotify premium started claiming that any song "is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can upload it."It just jumps to next song and the next and the next....with the same ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a laptop with win10, legal and updated version. My spotify premium started claiming that any song "is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can upload it." It just jumps t...
  • rikkenstorp
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify never stops playing

I would like to have spotify stop playing music after my the album I selected is over. Instead it starts with the same playlist again, only repeats the last song, continues with an album I had as a playlist last week or fills the playlist with random...

• Casual Listener
  • I would like to have spotify stop playing music after my the album I selected is over.    Instead it starts with the same playlist again, only repeats the last song, continues with an alb...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pumping Desktop Player (Win)

We adressed an issue with the Windows player: Audio is "pumping" - like a misconfigured limiter or compressor in a professional environment does. any idea, how to solve this?we are using the latest version of the win software.

• Casual Listener
  • We adressed an issue with the Windows player: Audio is "pumping" - like a misconfigured limiter or compressor in a professional environment does.   any idea, how to solve this? we are using...
  • alexis_
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline Withdrawn, Premium, 1 Device (PC)

Only have 1 device (pc), downloaded about 700 songs that we've been listening offline. But this morning we got a msg saying that our "offline was withdrawn". We're signed up with the Premium service.What can we do to get our offline service again? Wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Only have 1 device (pc), downloaded about 700 songs that we've been listening offline. But this morning we got a msg saying that our "offline was withdrawn". We're signed up with the Premium service....
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

all songs option

All songs option available on Android app but not on squeezebox touch with spotty

• Casual Listener
  • All songs option available on Android app but not on squeezebox touch with spotty
  • Nico
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows Player Stuck offline

The latestest version just totally screwed my machine up. For some reason it would go offline after taking forever to load, and somehow would reset my connection to the internet on my machine. My remote desktop (work) would disconnect and then spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • The latestest version just totally screwed my machine up. For some reason it would go offline after taking forever to load, and somehow would reset my connection to the internet on my machine. My rem...
  • steveOGallagher
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes