Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Win10 No connection to Spotify

Win10 No connection to Spotify

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Self-built PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have used Spotify without any problems on my PC for a year now, but a few days ago, Spotify always said it would be offline. After checking the firewall, I tried reinstalling it. But now, the installer prompted an error stating it could not connect to Spotify.

Even though I can connect to spotify.com through Chrome and also ping it, I am not able to install Spotify anymore.

4 Replies

Hey @p_ccqwvb-jf7d, welcome to the Community!

Are you using the Windows Store version of Spotify or the installer from our site? Regardless of which installer you're using, try a clean reinstall following the exact steps in the article (including clearing Spotify's cache). 

After that, try installing Spotify from the installer you're not currently using (i.e if you're using the Windows Store version, try our installer and vice versa) to see if it makes a difference.

You can also try resetting your network router.

Let us know how it goes.

Hey @p_ccqwvb-jf7d, welcome to the community!

Let's try restarting your PC before trying to reinstall Spotify. If that doesn't do the trick, try turning your internet router off for 30 seconds and back on.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Thank you all for your help, turns out the error was completely on my side: a few days earlier, I used a proxy over my laptop, which I never disabled. So Spotify tried to connect to my laptop, which was turned off, and could thereby not access the internet.

Alright!

We're glad to hear everything is back on track.

Feel free to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

All the best.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts