NEXT STEP

Slow app? It takes forever to run it

Slow app? It takes forever to run it

Plan

Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Windows 8.1 PC, 12 GB ram, 3.8 4 core cpu, etc.

Question or Issue

Whenever I run the app for the first time, it takes like 3 or 4 minutes to actually start, and take another 2-3 min to connect to my mobile phone and ask me if I want to keep listening on the phone or rather witch to PC.

It's by far the slowest app in my computer. Besides I'm having the same issue with my mobile phone. It takes a long time to connect to my computer and synchronize the music I'm listening to.

I know it's not my PC nor my phone or my internet. They are OK.

What can I do to make Spotify go faster?

3 Replies

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here. I would also suggest to give this thread a read if it is needed to do a more thorough clean to get rid of the issue in word 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

OK no problem doing it on my mobile. Now, It works better.

But wherenever I try to uninstall it on windows, it gives me this error "app stopped working" or smth like that. I managed to find the libraries and files, and deleted them all.

Then, I downloaded the spotify setup file, and I get two errors: first, "please install spotify using normal account instead of administrator", and the second time, setup starts, but right before finishing I get "Could not finish instalattion error code 17"

Stragest thin is, Spotify has actually installed succesfully. 

This is the only app that does that. I imagine it has to be with my slow app problem

Fixed it.

All I had to do is restart windows on safe mode, uninstall spotify, re-install it in windows 8 compatibility mode. And that's it. It's working great.

thanks for help

Suggested posts