Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10 Error - "Spotify can not play this right now. If you have files on your..."

Windows 10 Error - "Spotify can not play this right now. If you have files on your..."

I have recently clean installed Windows 10 home edition on my computer. Since the re-install I have not been able to use the desktop app for spotify to play songs.

I am able to use the spotify desktop app to control my phone and the browser songs with total success. I am able to use my phone with the same account and the browser with the same account which both work independently. I am NOT able to use the desktop app to control and play music through the desktop app. 

I have tried every YouTube video and thread solution out there with no success. Including,
1. clean re-install of the Microsoft Store Spotify AND the spotify website version of the app

2. delete my cache, clean reinstall app from both microsoft and spotify website

3. changed various settings in spotify desktop with no luck

4. double checked my output sources and all are set correctly

5. logged into a different account and still have the same problem

6. allowed firewall to give permission to spotify

If there is anything else I can do to make the desktop app work without using the browser please let me know.

1 Reply

Hey @LoganT,

Thank you for posting here in the Community and for the troubleshooting you've done so far.

If you're still experiencing playback issues on your desktop device here are a few other things that you can also try to get this fixed:

• Turn off Enable hardware acceleration in your Settings. You can find this under Compatibility.
  • Disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software, and turn off VPN if in use. 
  • Remove host files. Head here find out how. 
  • Try accessing the web player before re-attempting to log back in to the desktop client to see if that makes any difference.
  • Run Spotify on Safe Mode.

In case the issue persists, it'd be great if you could tell us the exact Spotify version. Any screenshots you can provide will also be helpful to identify what's causing the issue.

Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts