Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Desktop][Other] Listening while gaming

[Desktop][Other] Listening while gaming

Ok so the Dev's might want to take a look at all the major gaming ports that are used out there so that there isn't port hogging going on between Major Games, their Launcher and Spotify. My and quit a but of my friends and gaming community have stopped listening to Spotify while play video games because we always get kicked out of the game randomly when listening. I dont know if this is an issue for everyone but yeah it sucks. Plus when gaming now days you have to game with a VPN on or your getting DOS'ed into oblivion. So that might be a factor as well. Anyways just thought I would through this out there. K thanks for the awesome service BTW.

1 Reply

Hi there @Novicracker,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We've moved your post to the Help Boards, as it's not really an idea for a new app feature.

Regarding your issue - since we can only offer remote advice, we can't be entirely sure why you're getting kicked out of game while streaming music. This is something highly dependent on your hardware and networking set up. 

You mention that you use a VPN while gaming, but the Spotify app is not designed to work with VPN/ Private tunnel and we can't guarantee that the app would work without issue when using one. This is because the Spotify service is somewhat location based. Certain features and music/ podcast content are only available in certain countries or regions, so we can't support the use of a service which could be used to change your IP address or re-route traffic. 

What you can try is using a different VPN or making sure that Spotify is allowed through any type of Firewall you might be running, to avoid issues like streaming difficulties.

Hope this info helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts