Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10: Media Controls not showing up

Solved!

Windows 10: Media Controls not showing up

Hello,

I've searched the whole internet without any solution...

The windows 10 media controls are not showing for me for Spotify if I turn up or lower the volume via the control keys of my keyboard.

It's working on my laptop and my Windows 10 surface, so it's not actually spotify itself, just something messed up with the config I guess.

The overlay works for Windows Store apps though.

Please help me.

I found a picture so you know what I mean:

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

A little late answer, but after an Windows 10 build update (the ones that takes a long time and reboot your computer several times) everything worked again. Seems like it was a problem with Windows...

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Same thing is happening for me on Windows 10. All of a sudden controls don't show and my automatic Play Prev Next buttons on my keyboard don't work either.

Marked as solution

A little late answer, but after an Windows 10 build update (the ones that takes a long time and reboot your computer several times) everything worked again. Seems like it was a problem with Windows...

i have the same situation right now its been happening for quite sometime i just dont have them i dont know if its because i have beta release or its just not working but if spotify helping community could also help me on this it would be great

Hey @Izacdis

In TestFlight, there is a link to "Send Beta Feedback". If you click it, you will be able to send an email where you can describe the issue. 
In the "What to Test" section, you will also see the email address for reporting issues.

We will not always reply to individual issue reports, but all issues get forwarded to the right team, and we do our best to fix them. In some cases, we may reply and ask for additional information. The more details you can provide, the higher the chance that we can reproduce and fix the issue.

Thank you for assisting us in making the app better!
The Community is here for you if anything else comes up in the meantime 🙂
Cheers!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts