Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10 app fine until a few days ago. Now some songs wont play, some will.

Windows 10 app fine until a few days ago. Now some songs wont play, some will.

Plan Premium

Country USA

Operating System Win 10

I'm using the Spotify app.  Been using it for several years.  NEVER a problem.  Absolutely loved it.  Suddenly, within the past several days, nothing but problems with it. 

Sometimes songs wont play.  You click the play icon and nothing happens.  No message, just nothing happens.  Sometimes (not always) you can get to to play if you Favorite the song and try again.

This happens to songs in playlists too.  You start a playlist and it starts skipping songs.  You go back and manually try to play them and nothing happens. 

This is really annoying and really kills the listening experience and the enjoyment of the Spotify product.  And it just started, which makes me think that Spotify broke it with a new release or something.  It's not hard to imagine they are coding for Windows 11 now, and breaking things on Windows 10.  I would have love to have been able to install an older version of the app, but apparently they dont give us that option.  They SHOULD, just for situations like this.  Let us use known-good versions until they debug their new releases.

Hoping for a quick fix here!

8 Replies

Here is my logfile.  Hope to hear from someone at Spotify support soon!

For some reason, very recently I've been unable to flat out play some songs of my choosing on the Windows desktop app. Pressing 'play' next to a song does nothing. The only exceptions to this are a few of my "recently played" songs and songs on recommended playlists on my home page, some of which can play if I press play on them. However, searched-for songs do nothing. I've tried restarting my computer, logging out and back in, and even uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

This does NOT affect my Android app, oddly enough. Podcasts also don't seem to be affected (even searched episodes).

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Windows 10 Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

Hey there folks,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. Would you mind letting us know what troubleshooting you've tried so far? This'll help us avoid repeating steps. We'd also need to know if this issue persists on Spotify created playlists or on playlists that you've created.

On another note, the behavior you're describing sounds a lot like this ongoing issue, that is under investigation right now. You'll find a few solutions that worked for some users listed in the Status update, so we'd recommend trying all of them out as they may help in your case. However, if they don't - it's best if you leave your comment there, hit the "Thumbs up" button and subscribe to that thread to be aware of any updates posted there.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your updates.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thanks,  My issue is similar to the ongoing issue, however even my favorited songs do not play outside of a playlist.  I went thru the suggested steps, but it didnt fix the problem.  I believe I have given Spotify all of the info requested, including my log file.

I hope to have a resolution soon.

Hey @swarfs

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, as @Lyubka mentioned previously, we suggest that you add your info to the comments in the Ongoing issue thread and subscribe to it so you won't miss any updates about this.

Thanks for your patience. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I am also having this problem

Hey @Jodeci,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

In this case, we'd like to gather as much info as possible. If you've checked the live ongoing issue linked in the replies and if you think you're experiencing something different - let us know what troubleshooting you've tried so far. This'll help us avoid repeating steps. 

If you haven't check it - feel free to take a look at it, try the suggested solutions and share your feedback there. Right folks are currently looking into it this.

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.

Take care 🙂

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hey! I had this exact problem! I was trying to play from my firestick and i had no sound and it kept skipping the song after 10 second. I tried everything and it ends up i did not allow spotify permission to access my local network on my phone. So i guess this affected other devices that needed access to the network like my firestick. I suggest going to your settings on your phone and making sure Spodify has permission to local network!! 

Suggested posts