Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows 10 overlay is not shown

Solved!

Windows 10 overlay is not shown

hello

i've recently installed a fresh Windows 10 and Spotify. But the overlay when i change sound levels is not shown. There isnt a option about that neither. Is it a bug or is it removed ?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Have you installed all Windows 10 updates after fresh installation? Windows 10 Creators Update needs to be installed for this feature to work.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

For Spotify overlay (top left of screen) to show when changing volume or tracks, Spotify needs to be either minimized or inactive (anything other than the current active window).

For just the volume overlay (bottom center of screen) you usually need a keyboard driver. Mine for example, from Logitech, shows the semi-transparent grey overlay only when Logitech SetPoint software is installed.

Overlay does not show even when i'm in game.

Please check for an option called "Show desktop overlay when using media keys" under Display Options in Settings. It should be enabled for media overlay to show.

1.JPG

I dont have that option though my spotify is up to date.

problem.png
Marked as solution

Have you installed all Windows 10 updates after fresh installation? Windows 10 Creators Update needs to be installed for this feature to work.

Suggested posts