Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Windows app fails to display album art for some local files

Windows app fails to display album art for some local files

I've seen this issue mentioned in a few threads, but I'd like to raise another flag for it since the problem has still not been fixed.

I'm running Spotify 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8 on Windows 10 and I mostly use the Spotify catalog, but I have some local files too. I've meticulously embedded album art (500x500 image/jpeg) in all my local files using Mp3tag and the Spotify desktop app refuses to display some of them, seemingly at random. When I play an affected track, either the album art display is empty or the album art of the previously played track is shown.

When I sync those files to my Android phone (via playlists), the album art works perfectly on the Android app! There is clearly an issue with the Windows app.

I'm happy to provide more info or assist devs with debugging if it means this will get fixed. 🙂

6 Replies

It could possibly be a temporary bug, or just that the album art hasn't updated, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? Sometimes this is just the best way to remove bugs/minor glitches. Although annoying, this error seems like a little glitch and probably will get patched on a new update. If uninstalling Spotify didn't work, then just hang tight for a new update (annoying, I know, sorry)

People have been posting about this problem since at least 2015. It's not a temporary issue and uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't fix it.

Is there no other way that you could find?

I searched the community and read some other threads about this topic. No, there are no solutions I could find. It appears to still be an outstanding bug.

It says on Spotify's Support website, they are currently fixing an issue? This could be it, because it seems quite a few people have the same issue

I don't think that's related (it's for Spotify Connect).

Does anyone else have any helpful input?

Suggested posts