Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Wrong "Date Added" on songs in playlist

Wrong "Date Added" on songs in playlist

Hey! My name is Andreas Sellfors
Since January 1, 2022, have I daily added 1 song to my playlist The World's 1500 Greatest Female Artists [In Progress] which has 11 songs. And after I posted a song 1 hour ago, I then saw that the dates for when the songs are posted are wrong. It says that two songs were uploaded 10 and 7 days ago. It's wrong. And that makes verry sad. The purpose whit this list is that I upload 1 song every day.And I do it to a instagram account where I describe the artist. I have tryed to unstall/reinstall sporify on my Windows 10 computer. And I have also clered the cache folders on my computer. The date where right yesterday

11 Replies

Hi @Andreas86,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it.

On another note, do you get the same behavior if try from a different device?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I did all the steps in the link on Tuesday in this week on my Windows 10 computer and the list looked okay/was right last night / this morning. But now at 21:35, several of the list's songs are wrong again. It says that the two first songs were added for 13 days but that is wrong. It schuld be 13 and 12 days ago.  The same goes for song 4-5. It says that both were posted 10 days ago and that is wrong. It schuld be 10 and 9 datys ago. The pronlem is the same on my 7 year old mac. You get a link below to the playlist.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2ush689m0WSO58TTsdO0d0?si=cccec986cf294cff

Hey @Andreas86,

Thanks for the reply and the link to the playlist.

We checked this on our end and it appears that the songs are added on the date they should be (as you describe it).

Can you let us know if the info has updated on your end as well?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi! I fought I responded. The list has been right all this week untill 21;36 swedish time today on friday. It was before I added on new song to the list  Now is the date all wrong again! how is it possibel? Do a need to do all the steps again provided in the article?

Hey @Andreas86,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

We've tested this in our end and we saw that the time shown could be different to the exact date you post the song. This is because of how close you post one song from another. 

But nothing to worry about, after 30 days, the playlists will show the exact date when it was added and not how long it was as seen below.

Hope you find this info useful and remember that the Community is always here for you.

JulianModerator

So!
Now are songs wrong again in the same playlist
This is really frustrating. (well it is more but i don!t want to use a more bad lauanges)
The hole point whit the list was that I uploding
1 song every day. But that has now started to be impossibel TO do this
as the list are wrong from time to time.
I have triyed to get it right from 2 computers.
So I wounder how your system can be so really bad.
It has been worked fine in januari but now so is it really worng.
And I would have canceled my accuonet if it wasent that 1)it is family one
and 2) Ieverything else are funktion.
My quesation is thern. HoW are the dates shwoing at your end.
My wunder are most for the last 10 songs in the list
the date scould be one date fore every song.
And wating 30dates are not helping me

Hey @Andreas86

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Keep in mind that the time which appears there starts to count from the moment you add the song, so that's why 2 songs might appear as if they were added the same day. 

As we mentioned previously, after 30 days the playlists will show the exact date when the songs were added. 

If you'd like to see the exact date when they were added within the last 30 days as well, you can have a look in our Idea Exchange to see if someone else has already made a similar suggestion. If there isn't one, you can give these steps a go and submit your idea so that other users can also support it. The higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for it to be implemented.

If you need a hand with anything else, just let us know. 

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

The same thing has happened to me. I originally wanted to add songs daily in the month of June but I forgot to do so and I started to add songs today. Is there any way I can fix the dates? (I tried to change the date on my windows PC and add songs before today and the "date added," section wrote, "In 2 days" or something. I really want the songs in this playlist to be added daily, so is there any way you guys can help change the date of the playlist starting from the first one on June 1st, 2022?
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7iVKAzNPAMqUOcRT545lzL?si=4e4882a276fd487f

Hey @user-removed,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Currently it is not possible to change the already set date of when the song was added to the playlist. The only way is to re-add the song at the current date.

@Andreas86,

Thank you for the detailed explanations. We see in the linked playlist, that there are indeed some songs, which seem to have been added on the same date. We can't narrow down on the issue , as there currently aren't other users reporting the same observations. This is why we'd need you to try and recreate the experience and if it occurs again, get back to us, so we can think of some reasons for this.

In the meantime you can try adding songs daily at a time not so close to 00:00 GMT, but this is just a guess.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Damn, I really wanted the songs to be added daily starting from June 1st, 2022, but I forgot to do so and started to add songs on June 4th. I hope there is a way to fix the dates because the playlist's point is to add songs daily starting from June 1st and I will be really disappointed if it didn't.

Hey there @user-removed,

As @Dian has said previously, there is no way to alter the date on which a song was added.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts