Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Your Library] Unplayable songs

Solved!

[Your Library] Unplayable songs

The people like me that like to have our music organised and don't  want to miss one music in our library would like to know what are the unplayable songs, this problem has been keeping me away to subscribe to spotify because of this small but for some a big problem.

My suggestion would be to just create a another option in the custom order to show the unplayable songs in the top of the list, have a look in the image attached.

123.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Manel_CC,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

If you think this feature will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey there @Manel_CC,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂

Keep in mind that content availability varies over time and between countries, depending on permissions from rights holders. 

If you're seeing a greyed out or unplayable song, it means that it's not currently available in your country. However, it can reappear at any time as we're always uploading new content. 

If you'd like to see the option to show or hide unavailable songs in playlists when using the desktop app, we'd suggest adding your +VOTE to this idea. You can also Subscribe to this thread, that way you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this.

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. 

Cheers!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

That's not what I'm suggesting, I'm suggesting an option where I can pack all the unplayable songs in a row so I could manage them they way I way.

Right now I have to scroll over an endless list of songs and try to find among them the ones that are greyd out, of course that's time consuming and you can miss them when scrolling.

It would be enough if we could sort them like we sort by song name or artist name.

Marked as solution

Hi @Manel_CC,

Thank you for your reply and feedback.

If you think this feature will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

I've tried to suggest to get this feature back in the idea board but I'm not able to submit the post because of some guideline restrictions. It's really frustrating to find a beautiful song and not having trace of it when it's not available anymore. Especially when you have a paid account.

Please advice

Hi,

I have a song that was my most played in 2020, I used it to study to. However I've spent the last 2 years looking through my liked songs for it...could not find it. However today the cover and song popped up as a glitch between two songs. When I google it, I can find a spotify link to it, however its unplayable. If I youtube it, it doesnt come up. I can see it in my queue but once I click onto it, its skips to the following song. I have tried restarting it, logging out and using someone else device/account. 

The song is Aweful Lies by Fire Beats inc. I have tried to play it on both desktop and iPhone app but neither of these work.

Does anyone know why this is the case? This song has a deep value to me and I'd like to be able to listen to it. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey there @kshortm0xxy,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

It sounds like the song might have been made unavailable for streaming in your region. This usually happens due to copyright issues. 

Let us know the country of your Spotify account and we can check if that's the case for sure.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts