Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

can people following a public playlist still listen after it's made private?

Solved!

can people following a public playlist still listen after it's made private?

hey there! i have a couple of playlists on my spotify that used to be public, but since i gained a few followers i decided to make them private. one of my close friends is following these playlists and i don't mind her seeing or listening to them, but she told me that she's unable to listen to them now that they're private! does anyone know a way to work around this or allow her special access to listen to it? thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

As long as your friend is following the playlist (in addition to following you.)that she/he wants to listen to they should be able to. But if they unfollowed it and you made it private they will be unavailable to them. Now if they did unfollow the playlist you could always make it public for a few minutes and have then quickly follow it and then make it private again. Or You could always block your newer followers if you don't know them and they will be unable to se you or your playlists and you can make your playlists public again. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

As long as your friend is following the playlist (in addition to following you.)that she/he wants to listen to they should be able to. But if they unfollowed it and you made it private they will be unavailable to them. Now if they did unfollow the playlist you could always make it public for a few minutes and have then quickly follow it and then make it private again. Or You could always block your newer followers if you don't know them and they will be unable to se you or your playlists and you can make your playlists public again. 

Suggested posts