Premium

Country

United Kingdom

Device

PC Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

One day my Spotify stopped showing my friends activity, the monthly listeners, the followers I have and I can't follow other accounts. I have tried countless times of uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify and it still has the same issues. I have tried seeing tutorials on how to fix it but they have not helped like looking at the display settings but my friends activity button is not there. Can you please find a way I can fix it? Thank You!

2020-04-30 (3).png
2020-04-30 (2).png
2020-04-30 (1).png
4 Replies

Hi there @KieranKT,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Sorry to hear you're having an issue with your account.

Before you follow to the step i provided bellow, please check out your account on other devices / networks to see if the issue acts the same.

As you mentioned trying reinstalling the app, i would recommend giving a clean reinstall a try as it is a bit different.

You can follow the steps provided on this Spotify Answer to do so.

Hope this helps.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Yeah sorry it did not work. I went into the %AppData% folder after uninstalling it and there was nothing there in terms of Spotify folders. So I turned off my computer and waited 5 minutes. Turned it back on and reinstalled it and the same issue occurs. I do not know if it is a current bug or something? I know it is something wrong with my Spotify because my friends who have Spotify do not have an issue. 

Hi @KieranKT

I was able to find this ongoing issue.

Feel free to visit, scroll through the comments and add your +VOTE.

I would also recommend subscribing to the thread in order to get live updates on any changes made.

Hope this'll help 🙂

Hey there @KieranKT,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

It sounds like your account is on a new experience we're currently testing in the desktop app. We've shared some updates about this here.

This new update might be missing several features that used to be available on the desktop app, as you might have noticed - we understand is not ideal though. 

As we've mentioned in the thread above, in the upcoming weeks, you might continue to notice changes to the Desktop client - try restarting or logging out periodically to see these changes.

For now, we'd encourage you adding your +VOTE and feedback to these ideas about any features you're missing, as they help us get a good impression of what the Community is experiencing:

If you'd like, you can always start a new idea for any features that are not listed above that you're missing. For more info, we'd recommend taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

If you're curious on how your feedback reaches Spotify through the Idea Exchange, we'd also suggest taking a look at this Spotify Answer.

Hope this info is helpful but don't hesitate to give us a shout if there's anything else!

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts