Free

Country

Australia

Device

Lenovo Thinkpad L390 and iPhone SE

Operating System

Windows 11, iOS 15

My Question or Issue

when I try to control my phone from my computer it says unavailable to control but it works fine when I control my computer from my phone

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yordan

Hi @IanDaBest.

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

What's causing this is the fact that the mobile app doesn't support on demand listening for Free users. This, however, is possible in the Desktop app, so in order to maintain a balance between the two, Spotify Connect allows Free users to control the music from their phone while listening on their desktop, but not the other way around.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Yordan

Hi @IanDaBest.

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

What's causing this is the fact that the mobile app doesn't support on demand listening for Free users. This, however, is possible in the Desktop app, so in order to maintain a balance between the two, Spotify Connect allows Free users to control the music from their phone while listening on their desktop, but not the other way around.

Hope this clears things up. The Community is always here if there's anything else you need assistance with.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts

Env: prod