Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

error code 13

Solved!

error code 13

I'm trying to download it and right as it gets to the point of running the installer it says "the installer is unable to install Spotify because the necessary files could not be created (error code 13) I've tried everything I know how to do, apparently it's a Protocol issue, but I don't know. Someone help?

61 Replies
Marked as solution

This was how I fixed the error code 13 problem with the help from a spotify agent, very simple! To prevent problems ensure you uninstall your current version of Spotify, I'm assuming this will work with Windows 8 also. Hopefully this works for you guys too, goodluck!

"Spotify was working fine on my windows 10 laptop for at least 5 months now. Now all of a sudden I'm getting a error code 13 message when trying to install. Why it was trying to install it is beyond me, unless it was an update. Either way I've checked the community help sections and the proposed solutions do not work. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling! Have you any solutions that may help? Thanks (paying subscriber)

Rianna V at 15:54, Dec 18:
Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Spotify on your device. Please give me a few minutes to check things out for you. Also, may I ask have you downloaded the app on the Spotify website or the app store?

James at 16:00, Dec 18:
After i uninstalled spotify, i couldnt reinstall it from the spotify website
shall i try the app store?

Rianna V at 16:01, Dec 18:
Yes please.

James at 16:03, Dec 18:
Fabulous thats worked now 😄

Rianna V  at 16:04, Dec 18:
That's great!"

It didn't work for me 😞

Suggested posts