Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how do i use my bose soundtouch with spotify

Solved!

how do i use my bose soundtouch with spotify

Hi

can anybody give me pretty simple instructions/guiddance as to how i can play spotify directly through my bose soundtouch 30??

any help gratefully appreciated

thanks 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I stream spotify wirelessly to my bose soundtouch 30 with airplay from Mac + iPhone + iPad flowlessly. 

Ca va sans dire airplay is only iOS compatible so you will need a wired connection to the AUX port when streaming from your android or windows devices. Else you might try airplay emulators for windows such as AirParrot or AirFoil

good luck

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

It's a little confusing to figure out, but SoundTouch does work with Spotify now, and it works very well - but it works from the Spotify software, not from the Soundtouch software. You have to have the Premium version of Spotify, and then you install your SoundTouch as a "device" on Spotify." You use Spotify software on your SmartPhone or PC to select the music you want to play - and it works beautifully, once you've figured out how to set it up and operate it.

I'm one of those people who likes to figure things out, so I found it fun to set this all up. Then I let my Premium membership lapse to Free, and it doesn't work any more. And I find I'm just as happy, and don't have to pay $10 a month for Spotify. I have a large music library of my own, and I find I don't listen to Spotify enough to justify spending $10 a month.

-Joe-

Marked as solution

Problem solved! A new SoundTouch software update came out today (I was prompted to update) and now Spotify is fully integrated into the Bose app! Works perfectly, will make you log into your Spotify premium account again though. But now you can access all Spotify features right from the SoundTouch app! Much easier. And seems to work a lot better too. Watch for the update and install it.

Marked as solution

you have to import the device into the base spotify program. once you do that it works flawlessly. the newer Bose no longer support airplay BTW. so much misinformation or outdated info in other replies. The new bose apps work from every OS and can even play from a NAS.

55 Replies

The only way is to connect to the aux input by cable. You can't connect wirelessly as it doesn't seem to have bluetooth nor does it support spotify connect.

You can play through air play, I have the soundtouch portable, and am currently listening to my spotify through it through airplay.

This link should help

https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/faq/#!/article/Stream-Spotify-using-Airplay

This doesn't work. 

Bose doesn't have an app for Spotify.

When you will use the wifi, (whatever the quality of the connction) music will be very bad and lag every time.

We have to use the Aux with a physical connection.

When will they developp an app ?

Bose are not an announced Spotify Connect partner either, so an app in the near future seems unlikely.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have a soundtouch 20 and as others have suggested Airplay is the best option. 

If you want to do this from Windows Airfoil and Airfoil Commander are good tools to use.

I find myself using the combination of airfoil/airfoil commander and spotimote on my android phone.

Others have mentioned that there can be some Lag issues,  I have found  occasionally the wireless on the soundtouch stops working but other than that playback is pretty darn good 🙂

YES! When will this be fixed? I'm so disappointed with how my Soundtouch 30 worked that even Spotify is getting blamed!

The SOLE REASON I bought this expensive "radio system" (until proven otherwise) was not to use a cable...

Pls come out with something! To me at least Spotify and this yet-to-be-considered a wifi system only works when the two talk to each other!

Thanks

One thing i would say here, is that you are better to direct your frustration to BOSE, its the device that doesn't have functionality that you would expect.  Rather than being a Spotify problem really.

I would suggest you also post in the BOSE soundtouch forums and raise a support ticket in relation to this with them.  It will most likely be closed with little being done.  But at least if they see that people expect this integration something may eventually change.

Good Luck 🙂

Sure! Yet what I tried to convey is that I'm so annoyed by the Soundtouch that even Spotify is "taking the hit". It's a figure of speech.
I love spotify.
Nonetheless, I'm curious as to how much this isn't a collaborative effort. Meaning how much can Spotify do to actually help with the compatibility. Why, for example, isn't Bose's app compatible with Spotify such as Pandora? Do you know the answer? How much of it is a collaborative effort ($?)?

My own interaction with BOSE suggests that they are not interested in supporrting anything that is not already within the scope of their current SoundTouch App.  Looking online you can clearly see there is demand, but they have yet to respond to it.  That is part of the reason I suggested you raise a support ticket with them.  As I am hoping that if enough people do so they will at least let us know if adding support for spotify is even being considered.

Marked as solution

I stream spotify wirelessly to my bose soundtouch 30 with airplay from Mac + iPhone + iPad flowlessly. 

Ca va sans dire airplay is only iOS compatible so you will need a wired connection to the AUX port when streaming from your android or windows devices. Else you might try airplay emulators for windows such as AirParrot or AirFoil

good luck

Eeeek.  What about Android & spotify with a SoundTouch 20? I'm sensing a very short period of ownership here after being told in the Bose shop that the above was fine as long as I downloaded the app.  

I'm a bit confused here.  We know that we have internet radio and can use Airplay etc.  Surely the Spotify & Deezer issue is under negotiation and that is a two way negotiation? .  It's a great to have but not (certainly for me) something I was told I'd have right away.  Isn't it possible that those negotiations go both ways or am I being niave ?  I love my speaker the sound is better then anything I have had previously.  I'm happy to wait for these sevices and updates..

If you were sold the unit and where told that it supported Spotify Connect, then you really got ripped off by the sales rep.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

If you want to control spotify running from your PC using an android app as a remote then the combination of spotimote and airfoil (windows) works well.

A  Number of Android music apps now support airplay I prefer DoubleTwist) but the only way I have found to capture spotify directly is by using an app that requires root access

It may cost another 50 dollars but rockfish has a device that plugs into the aux port and is a portable bluetooth so you can play bluetooth off of any device and stream it to your Bose soundtouch. A little more money but makes the convienience so nice

Great Airplay exists on Apple Devices or computyers  only so they all play audio from Spotify. How does the audio get into the Bose Wave SoundTouch. I have a dock which I place an iphone in its connecter, that charges up my batteries and the audio streaming from Spotify through its speaker. How do I get Airplay's audio into the Wave, Auxillary input? ok who makes a connecter the will recieve the iphones audio output into a connecter that fitsa the audio input on th Wave SoundTouch. 

Or a bluethooth device that captures the audio from any of my Apple stuff and has the proper output connecter that fits the Wave SoundTouch?

Hello,

I am having problems connecting to my Air Play device (Bose Sound Touch).  My computer (MacBook Air) rcognises the device, as I can use it with ITunes, but I connect to it when playing music through Spotify.  Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you! 

If you go to system preferences on the mac, and then click sound, you should see your speaker listed. If you dont, you need to switch the speaker on. Once it is visible, click on it, and you should now beable to listen to any audio source played through your mac.

Any trouble let me know, as I had the same problem with my Mac, but trial and error pulled through!

Ah that's great if I wanted to listen through my macs cheap speaker or any of the devices. What I want is for the audio to be routed to my Bose so I get rich full sounds. What idiot needs to be told to turn on the ,Mack's. Speaker else why buy a Bose Wave SoundTouch.

Suggested posts