Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

i can't change my playlists

i can't change my playlists

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Asus x550vx

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My Desktop Version got updated all of a sudden and now i got a completely different look. I don't have the friend activity bar on the right side, i can't change my playlists covers or description. I can't even see my own profile like before on the top right. It is like the phone version because i honestly can't customize anything anymore.

Same on the Web player. I downloaded an older version already, which helps, but it updates itself automatically and gets back to the new(?) design. Is there anyone with the same issues or with a solution?

Thanks.

Adsız123123123.png
3 Replies

Hello @ummmut

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Spotify is often testing and launching improvements and new features. 

This means you might see something on the app your friend doesn’t, or get a new feature to try only temporarily. 

If you're not happy with the current update, I'd recommend taking a look at this IdeaIf that's something that you're interested in, make sure to add your +VOTE there and subscribe to the topic, so you'll be notified with all the updates on it.

You can also submit a more specific idea in the Idea Exchange about a certain feature that's currently missing. 

For more details on how to do it, make sure to check out this Spotify Answer

I hope this info helps!

I don't want to be included in Spotify updates. My old account has an old interface, why isn't it in this account

Hi @ummmut

Thanks for getting back to me!

Those are just email updates or notifications in the Community when there are any news regarding the Idea you're subscribe to, so you can be up to date. It's optional, so no pressure! I just wanted to let you know that there's an option to do that. 

More information about how the Idea Exchange works and how your feedback reaches Spotify can be found here.

Sometimes changes in the app might be launched only for selected accounts and then roll out gradually for the rest of the users, or it's discontinued and the app get's back to it's previous state.

That's why you don't see the new interface on one of your accounts. 

You can find more info on that in this Support Article

Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Suggested posts