Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Unliked several songs by mistake - please help

Plan - PremiumCountry - US My Question or IssueI mistakenly unliked several songs without being able to notice which ones exactly. And they are now gone from my library. Anyone knows a way to know which ones exactly? I've seen idea post for an activi...

• Plan - Premium Country - US    My Question or Issue I mistakenly unliked several songs without being able to notice which ones exactly. And they are now gone from my library. ...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Artists page is blank

Operating SystemWindows 10, Desktop client My Question or IssueMy artists list has been blank for 6 months. I have loads of albums and thousands of songs saved... it used to list all the artists I have saved, but then one day it was empty, never to r...

• Casual Listener
  • Operating System Windows 10, Desktop client   My Question or Issue My artists list has been blank for 6 months. I have loads of albums and thousands of songs saved... it used to list all the...
  • ListenToGlobal
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Pressing play deleting songs

PlanPremiumCountry: EnglandDeviceCustom PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue;Ight so basically on my main playlist I clicked the 'play' icon by the song title to play it and the song disappeared. And then I clicked another and it went. T...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country: England Device Custom PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue; Ight so basically on my main playlist I clicked the 'play' icon by the song title to p...
  • ListenToGlobal
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My recently played is mixed up

I have recently set up new spotify account, but all my recently played are really mixed up. It's all stuff I've listened to but its in the wrong order and I'm really confused??

• Visitor
  • I have recently set up  new spotify account, but all my recently played are really mixed up. It's all stuff I've listened to but its in the wrong order and I'm really confused??
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

When steaming on Twitch, if I use the mic, the Spotify volume drops. How do I disable this?

I've tested this with other music sources and even youtube videos, the audio dropping is specific to spotify and specifically when I use the mic. Is there a way to disable this "feature" in Spotify? I will have to unsubscribe and choose another sourc...

• I've tested this with other music sources and even youtube videos, the audio dropping is specific to spotify and specifically when I use the mic.   Is there a way to disable this "feature" in ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify pausing when getting discord notification

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever getting a message/notification from discord(messages where you are tagged in/direct messages) my spotify music pauses for like 1 or 2 seconds untill the notification...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever getting a message/notification from discord(messages where you are tagged in/direct messages)...
  • Nategasm
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No G-SYNC Fix yet?

So, why has no fix happened with Spotify to fix the annoying flickering when a user is using GSYNC? Only way to keep it from happening is to turn off hardware acceleration which can affect sound quality.

• So, why has no fix happened with Spotify to fix the annoying flickering when a user is using GSYNC?  Only way to keep it from happening is to turn off hardware acceleration which can affect soun...
  • The_Torrent
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Can't Play This Right Now error when opening program

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDell XPS 13Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I open the desktop app, I get an error message in a blue bar across the top of the program that says "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the fil...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Dell XPS 13 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I open the desktop app, I get an error message in a blue bar across the top of t...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify freezing after opening fullscreen application?

PlanPremium CountryAustralia DeviceWindows PC Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAfter alt tabbing out of a fullscreen application, clicking on spotify pushes it back behind all my other windows and if it is the only window on the monitor...

• Plan Premium   Country Australia   Device Windows PC   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue After alt tabbing out of a fullscreen application, clicking ...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Troubleshooting
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

[Closed] System tray icon bug

I'm on desktop premium version on Windows 10 (Surface Book 2). The minimize to tray system option won't work anymore. The spotify icon is always displayed in the botton right corner.I uninstalled and reinstalled spotify and it won't change.Please fix...

• Music Fan
  •   I'm on desktop premium version on Windows 10 (Surface Book 2).   The minimize to tray system option won't work anymore. The spotify icon is always displayed in the botton right corner....
  • dikiz
  • Music Fan
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • bug
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

conan o'brien podcast

PlanPremiumCountryirelandDevicePC Windows 10,etc. My Question or Issueall episodes after zach galifianakis dont play

•   Plan Premium Country ireland Device PC Windows 10,etc.   My Question or Issue all episodes after zach galifianakis dont play 😞  
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps skipping songs when i try to play it through monitors

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceDell Inspiron 15 5000Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI got a new laptop recently and for a day everything was playing fine through my monitors. All of a sudden anytime I try to play spotify through my monitors...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Dell Inspiron 15 5000 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I got a new laptop recently and for a day everything was playing fine through my...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect

Hello, Currently I am at a college. I keep trying to listen to music over the WiFi, but it keeps connecting to other devices that are not mine that are connected to the same WiFi. This is very annoying. No nobody else is logged into my account. Yes, ...

• Visitor
  • Hello, Currently I am at a college. I keep trying to listen to music over the WiFi, but it keeps connecting to other devices that are not mine that are connected to the same WiFi. This is very annoyi...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify ne peut pas lire ce contenu pour le moment

Bonjour,Spotify me met cette erreur quand je souhaite lire un titre qui n'est pas dans mes "titres préférés" ou dans les "daily mix" ou autre choses du genre. Quand je souhaite lire une musique directement en tapant son nom ou depuis une playlist, Sp...

• Bonjour, Spotify me met cette erreur quand je souhaite lire un titre qui n'est pas dans mes "titres préférés" ou dans les "daily mix" ou autre choses du genre. Quand je souhaite lire une musique dir...
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Integrate spotify with WPF application.

PlanPremiumCountry: USA DeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Can we integrate spotify with WPF aaplication?

• Plan Premium Country: USA   Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue  Can we integrate spotify with WPF aaplication?
  • Katerina
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Last.fm scrobbling stopped working

Plan:PremiumCountry:Italy Hi guys, I'm writing this because Last.fm scrobbling stopped working since yesterday, both from Desktop app and from smartphone. How can I fix it? Thanks a lot,Matteo

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Italy   Hi guys,   I'm writing this because Last.fm scrobbling stopped working since yesterday, both from Desktop app and from smartphone. How can I fix it?...
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant see friends activity bar when in portrait mode?? (Windows 10 )

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have a 24" monitor set as portrait, when i drag the spotifuggle over to this screen the "friends activity" bar is not shown, and there is no way to scroll to it either. Is this ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country Sweden Operating System Windows 10    My Question or Issue I have a 24" monitor set as portrait, when i drag the spotifuggle over to this screen ...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Bug(?) in Windows desktop app - can't find album

Windows 10 - Spotify Premium. I started to get a problem yesterday (not experienced previously) where if I click on an album link from a track in a playlist, or if I do general search and click on albums returned by the search I get the following mes...

• Roadie
  • Windows 10 - Spotify Premium.   I started to get a problem yesterday (not experienced previously) where if I click on an album link from a track in a playlist, or if I do general search and cl...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • label
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Playback is jerky

PlanPremium (1.1.22.633.g1bab253a)CountryGermanyDevicePC, Core i5, 32 GB RAMOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssuePlayback is jerky when other programs are running. The system is underutilized and has more than enough capacity.I do not have s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium (1.1.22.633.g1bab253a) Country Germany Device PC, Core i5, 32 GB RAM Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Playback is jerky when other programs are running. T...
  • Jessurch
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop App Domain Needed for Whitelist

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDell Latitude 7400 2 in 1Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueGetting an error that our internet is blocking Spotify (error code 55). I'm looking for the domain that I would need to provide to have IT whitelist in...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Dell Latitude 7400 2 in 1 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Getting an error that our internet is blocking Spotify (error code 55). I'm...
  • interrupt21h
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes