Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Friend Activity" is updated with one song delay

Solved!

"Friend Activity" is updated with one song delay

Plan

Premium

Country

Turkey

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

"Friend Activity" always shows the previous song that they listened. 

Assume that there are 3 songs; A, B, and C and I'm listening them respectively.

Let's say I started to listen with the song A. Anybody can't see any update about me on friend's activity until the song A finished. When I'm done listening the song A and after the song B started, my friends sees me as I'm listening the song A. Also after the song B finished, they see me listening the song B.

Eventually the feed is updated with one song delay.

Regards,

Onur

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @onr1!

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry for the delayed reply.

It's true that there is a certain delay with the songs that show in the Friend feed and right now this is the expected behavior of the app.

If you'd like to listen together with your friends you can see how to do that here.

We also have an active Idea suggestion to change how this feature works and you can leave a +Vote to support it here.

Hope this info helps! We'll be here if you need any more help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey there @onr1,

thanks for posting in the community !

You can read all about the "Friend Activity" feature on this help page.

Let me know if you have further questions 😃

Hi Onur or colleague of Onur,
My follow up question is: when you click on song in the list of Friend Activity, that song starts to play. But what will be the next song that you'll hear, and the song after that? Are those still songs from the Friends Activity, or just similar songs?

Hey there @Bart110,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

If you click on a song, that a friend of yours is listening to, the next songs to follow will also be from their playlist. You can give these steps a go. That way you can see what song come next.

Hope this was helpful for you. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator

Hello. It continues with the song from the list or album that my friend is listening. To be more clear, from beginning of the scenario; assume that she/hhe is listening the first song from the list A. Then she/he jumps to second song from list A. This is the time I see her/him as listening the first song. When I click on that song it plays first song and after that it plays the second song of list A on my spotify. But she/he may be listening another list or maybe isn't even listening anything. I mean clicking that song only directs you to the song of list A. It does not direct you to her/him stream.

By the way the problem still occurs. Basically "Friend activity" doesn't show the song that my friend is listening. It shows the song that she/he has just listened. It means I can see the previous song that she/or listened.

Marked as solution

Hey there @onr1!

Thanks for getting back to us and sorry for the delayed reply.

It's true that there is a certain delay with the songs that show in the Friend feed and right now this is the expected behavior of the app.

If you'd like to listen together with your friends you can see how to do that here.

We also have an active Idea suggestion to change how this feature works and you can leave a +Vote to support it here.

Hope this info helps! We'll be here if you need any more help.

ElenaModerator

Hello Elena,
Thanks for explanation.

Suggested posts