Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Hide this song" not working at all

"Hide this song" not working at all

I'm on the Premium plan. I live in the US. I am on a Windows 10 desktop.

This issue is on one of my playlist's radios. After looking this up, other people are saying they are getting an error when they click the button. Mine does absolutely nothing. It doesn't hide the song, give me an error, give me a prompt, anything; it acts like I haven't clicked it. I've tried closing out and reopening, but that didn't help.

5 Replies

Hi there @TheLittleGina,

thanks for reaching out to the community !

Let's start with a basic clean reinstall of the app following the steps provided on this Spotify answer.

A clean reinstall is a bit different than the usual one and may solve the issue in hand.

However, i was able to find this live issue thread which i believe you should subscribe (for updates) to and add your +VOTE.

This way you'll be able to get updates directly from Spotify on the progress towards a solution.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

@OneByBoo I tried this, it did not work. I headed to the thread and gave my vote.

Hi @TheLittleGina,

thanks for checking out my advise !

Regardless to adding your +VOTE, i also recommend subscribing to the live thread as you'll be first to get any updates on the upcoming fix.

Feel free to post any further questions you may have.

Have a great day 🙂

I have the newest version of Spotify for windows and the hide this song button doesn't even show up on my app. Additionally, if I hide a song on mobile and open the playlist on the desktop app it still plays the song I have hidden. It's really irritating.

Hey @madmodgirl,

Thank you for your post. We're happy to help you with information about this.

Local hide is currently only available on mobile. We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

On desktop you have the options to hide songs in some of the Made for you playlists and the endless radio stations.

If you think your suggestion to have the option to hide songs on desktop will appeal to other users you can always create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app.

If you have any questions we're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts