Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Publish my activity on Spotify" not working

"Publish my activity on Spotify" not working

For the last couple days, my Spotify desktop app hasn't been publishing any activity to any followers. However, it does publish listening history on mobile. Private session has already been disabled, and "Publish activity" is on.

29 Replies

I've been having the same problem, since the update.

Same here

same thing happening here

Really wish someone would reply and give us an update with whats happening

same for me!

Same here

yeah me too publishes on mobile but not on desktop.

Does your question relate to the Friend Activity section to the right of the desktop app? Can you see the activity of your friends?

Yeah for me I can still see what my friends are listening to, but they cannot see what I am listening to unless I'm playing music off moblie

The original post is suggesting that it has been since the update. Do you know if your friends have updated and having this issue (eg, you don't see their activity now). Would be good if the update could be ruled out (or blamed!)

Of course the comment relates to the Friend Activity section to the right of the desktop app! We cannot see any activity of our friends since the latest Windows update..

There are lots of comments in the community about this but Spotify is neither replying nor doing anything about this!!

Probably won't help you if you have already turned 'Publish Activity' back on, but there's a known issue around this that Spotify are working on right now.

See here - https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/quot-publish-my-activity-quot-automatically-turns-of...

Not only Windows, Mac too

Well, not to be rude, but the latest isn't the "best" if a lot of people are experiencing the same problem.

Yeah, most of my friends have updated and are now having the same issue. Mobile works, not desktop.

well for me, it doesn't work on mobile too

Me too, desktop and mobile is not working either

My activity isn't updating on Windows, Mac OS or iOS.

Same here it’s melting my head

Suggested posts