Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So I have been getting this error when trying to play music from the Spotify Music App on my desktop. I have followed all of the different advice on each of the previous threads on this topic but nothing works! I even tried using the webplayer after uninstalling the app but that also has the same problem (minus the error pop-up)!

Does anyone know how this problem can be fixed?

So frustrating 😞

12 Replies

maybe try delete / clear the cache? 

go to %appdata% > roaming > Spotify > User > Your Account Name > delete Local-Files.   Also make sure that you are closed out of Spotify before doing this so then when you launch Spotify again it would already be corrected

If that doesn't work , then try re install the software completely 

WINDOWS

1. Close Spotify
  2. Go to the Control Panel.
  3. Click Programs and Features.
  4. Select Spotify in the list and click uninstall.
  5. Follow the instructions on the screen.
  6. Download and install Spotify.

WINDOWS 10

1. Open Spotify and click File in the menu bar. Select Exit.
  2. Click the Start button. Select Settings.
  3. Open System.
  4. Click Apps & features, then select Spotify.
  5. Click Uninstall. Click Uninstall again in the pop-up to confirm.
  6. Download and install Spotify from the Windows Apps store.

There is no cache folder at that location for me. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. The same thing is still happening. Spotify plays on my phone but if I try switching playback to my windows 10 desktop, it immediately displays the same error.

Try this way to clear your cache 

1. Click in the top-right corner of the desktop app and select Settings.
  2. Scroll down and click SHOW ADVANCED SETTINGS.
  3. Scroll down to Offline songs storage to see where your cache is stored. ...
  4. Go to that folder on your computer.
  5. Select and delete all the files in that folder.

Didn't help

Deleted cache but still the problem persists. This started happening right after rebooting my desktop. I checked the windows update history and there were no updates installed during during the reboot. Spotify version is 1.1.10.540.gfcf0430f (Windows Store Version).

I'm guessing this is a UWP app since I downloaded the installer from their website and not from the windows store.

still the same proplem done this 5 times alderedy

I was talking to the help centre via the web chat and they still could not resolve this. Ended up downloading an older version of the app from filehorse.com and that worked.

thx it worked

But when the app auto updates to the current version, chances are the issue will come up again.

If thats the case then just wait a little bit for there to be another update it maybe just a bug or something with the latest update and there maybe a patch fix shortly.

yeah. any i dea how to disable the auto ubdate ???.

There isn't a way to disable auto updates at the minute, but the next update should fix the issues you are having. as most updates they put out fixes bugs.

Suggested posts