Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop App won't start and can't uninstall

Hi my desktop app won't start, when I click it the processing circle shows up for about 3 second and disappeared and nothing happened. When I click uninstall from the control panel the same thing happened and nothing relate to uninstall shows up. I a...

• Hi    my desktop app won't start, when I click it the processing circle shows up for about 3 second and disappeared and nothing happened.    When I click uninstall from the co...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant play song

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo lately my Spotify isn't working properly, any song I try to play wont play and a blue message will pop up and say "Cant play the current song".I've tried everything, Cr...

• Plan Premium Country Israel Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So lately my Spotify isn't working properly, any song I try to play wont play and a blue messag...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The songs works 6 seconds. then stops

after a few seconds any song stopPlanFreeCountryCatalunyaDevicepcOperating Systemw7 My Question or Issue

• Casual Listener
  • after a few seconds any song stop Plan Free Country Catalunya Device pc Operating System w7   My Question or Issue  
  • gbo_
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

What Happened to Local files?

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueWhat Happened to the local files option?

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows    My Question or Issue What Happened to the local files option?   
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Keyboard FN keys working on Chrome instead of spotify?

Windows 10, Now whenever I have chrome open my keyboard shortcuts default to youtube videos instead of my spotify tracks is there any way to fix this. Also it just defaults to anything in chrome where this was never an issue before

• Casual Listener
  • Windows 10,    Now whenever I have chrome open my keyboard shortcuts default to youtube videos instead of my spotify tracks is there any way to fix this. Also it just defaults to anything...
  • Vgoud
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist suddenly switched how they alphabatize. Spotify now uses "The" to alphabatize.

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceDell PCOperating SystemWindows 8Spotify ver.1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f A couple days ago (4/23/19) Spotify began alphabatizing using "The". Was this switch intentional? It is not a proper method of alphabatizing.The delete and re...

spotify3.png
  • Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country USA   Device Dell PC Operating System Windows 8 Spotify ver. 1.1.4.197.g92d52c4f   A couple days ago (4/23/19) Spotify began alphabatizing using "Th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops plaing after seconds

Spoiler (Highlight to read)Hello,Spotify stops Playing Songs after 3-6s or wont play a song at all. It occurs with all songs (Playlists, Search, my songs,....)I have this issue since 2 months and have tried everything. (Reinstall Spotify, Reinstall W...

• Hello, Spotify stops Playing Songs after 3-6s or wont play a song at all. It occurs with all songs (Playlists, Search, my songs,....) I have this issue since 2 months and have tried everything. (Re...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Friend Feed Not Updating, AGAIN!

PlanPremiumUSA DeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe friends feed stopped updating again about 1:30 am ET. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have checked the hosts file. My friend is sharing their activity feed and they h...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium USA   Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The friends feed stopped updating again about 1:30 am ET. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Desktop Client disconnected from the rest of the clients

PlanPremiumCountryBulgariaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueThe windows desktop client on one of the devices I am using often disconnects from the rest of the players - when it does that, I can not see that it is playing from the ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Bulgaria Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue The windows desktop client on one of the devices I am using often disconnects from the rest of the pl...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify installer error code 24

I was offered an update to Spotify so after clicking on the link the installer started but after a while there was a message about an unknown problem and quoting error code 24. Every time I started my laptop this same problem occurred. I eventually f...

• I was offered an update to Spotify so after clicking on the link the installer started but after a while there was a message about an unknown problem and quoting error code 24. Every time I started m...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify APP doesn't start anymore

PlanPremiumCountryFrance DeviceHP EliteBook 840 G3Operating SystemWindows 7 Pro. My Question or IssueFor a weeks, Spotify APP doesn't open anymore. I tried to desinstall it, but I can't do it trhought the classic control Pannel (when clickin on Desin...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country France    Device HP EliteBook 840 G3 Operating System Windows 7 Pro.    My Question or Issue For a weeks, Spotify APP doesn't open anymore....
  • Raphael0660
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Sound problems

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

bloquer les mise a jour

Bonjour,y a t'il un moyen de bloquer les mise a jour automatique sur windows 7 ? pour rester sur une version plus ancienne. Merci

• Casual Listener
  • Bonjour, y a t'il un moyen de bloquer les mise a jour automatique sur windows 7 ? pour rester sur une version plus ancienne.   Merci
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

How do I transfer local data to a new folder

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue I reinstalled Spotify, which deleted 7GB of local data gained from streaming. I backed up this data, and everytime I try and copy it back into the empty Data folder in Appdata/Local/Spotify, it gets wip...

• Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   I reinstalled Spotify, which deleted 7GB of local data gained from streaming. I backed up this data, and everytime I try and copy i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No song playing

This is what I see when trying to play some songs, no error message, no song, no album cover, no music....(Windows 10)

image.png
  • This is what I see when trying to play some songs, no error message, no song, no album cover, no music.... (Windows 10)  
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

cant play the current song

PlanFreeCountryusaDevicedell laptopOperating System windows 10 My Question or Issueevery time I try to play a song via the app on my computer or the web player it plays for a couple of seconds then stops and says "can't play the current song"so far t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country usa Device dell laptop Operating System   windows 10   My Question or Issue every time I try to play a song via the app on my computer or the web player it play...
  • kelseynh99
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Won't work/uninstall

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7My Question or Issue For the past two weeks, Spotify won't open on my desktop. When I try to uninstall it, it won't uninstall. When I hover over the shortcut, it it gives me the option to quit spot...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 7 My Question or Issue   For the past two weeks, Spotify won't open on my desktop. When I try to uninstall it, it won't unins...
  • serafemur
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Freezes when I log in.

So I just logged in minutes ago and as time went, it started to freeze and i had to force shut down my laptop and i hate it. it's happened several times in the past so i tried reinstalling it but it didn't freeze anymore until recently.PlanPremiumCou...

• So I just logged in minutes ago and as time went, it started to freeze and i had to force shut down my laptop and i hate it. it's happened several times in the past so i tried reinstalling it but it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Multimedia Keys Do Not Work ?

PlanFreeCountryTurkeyDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueMulti Medya Tuşları Çalışmıyor ? Şarkıları Geçemiyorum, Durduramıyorum, Sesi Açıp Kısamıyorum ? Birkaç Güncelleme Öncesinde Ça...

• Plan Free Country Turkey Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue Multi Medya Tuşları Çalışmıyor ? Şarkıları Geçemiy...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Won't play part of playlist in shuffle

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceWindows 10 (exact same issue on Android with the same songs in the playlist) My Question or IssueI have had a playlist for a while now and recently added another album to it, but noticed that none of the songs from the album...

• Plan Premium Country UK Device Windows 10 (exact same issue on Android with the same songs in the playlist)   My Question or Issue I have had a playlist for a while now and recently adde...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes