Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am having an issue where when i pause my playlist on the Windows App it will start playing again after about 20 seconds, when i press pause again it will do the same thing.

I have reinstalled the app, disabled autoplay in Windows 10 settings, disabled Windows overlay, signed out of all devices however none of this has helped.

Is anyone else experiecning this issue? Or has resolved a similar problem?

12 Replies

Hey @tremious.

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this 🙂

Could you let us know if this is happening irrespective of the song/playlist you've paused, or does it happen with a specific song/playlist?

Also, can you confirm for us that this doesn't also happen when you use Spotify on other devices? This will eliminate the possibility that the issue is account-specific.

Keep us posted 🙂

Hi Peter,

It occurs regardless of playlist howeve it does not occur when used on my mobile or other devices.

It points me back to Windows however with Auto play option turned off i am trying to find if there is another location or feature that is enabled that is resuming play.

I have the same issue. Windows 10 only ( I'm not running other Winfdows versions but have Linux and Android devices with no such problems ) 

Spotify also starts playing when I connect my headset to a Windows 10 machine ( Cable, not Wirelsss headset ) 

I'm having the same issue. App starts playing music automatically when I open it, and will automatically start playing after I pause.

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting back to us.

To make sure that everyone is experiencing exactly the same issue, could you confirm the interval between pausing and playback resuming, and whether it is regular or not?

Furthermore, could you let us know if your device is connected via Bluetooth/Connect/cable to another device, for example a speaker or headset? If so, does disconnecting it from the external device resolve the issue?

Keep us posted 🙂

I have this issue. Only when a cabled headset is connected, not when I have a bluetooth headset connected.

I did a series of tests and it seems to be 25 seconds for each time it resumes play after I click pause.

Spotify version: 1.1.10.540.gfcf0430f

Computer: Lenovo ThinkPad x1 Carbon 6tgh - 20KGS2GW00

EDIT: The problem is persistent. It will always resume when the cable is connected.
EDIT 2: I am using a Bose QC15 wired headset with the Apple compatible microphone/button dongle on the wire.

EDIT 3: Tried a different wired headset without any fancy control dongle. The problem persisted.

EDIT 4: Just read through your questions again. It happens regardless of song or playlist.

Hey @olavrb,

Thanks for providing us with that detailed info 🙂

Since the OP's issue was not related to connecting wired/wireless headsets, do you mind creating a new thread in the relevant help board here?

Feel free to reply here with a link to that thread so that we can jump in and help you out there.

Cheers!

Hi Peter,

The reply from @olavrb had me consider a step i had not done before.

And to my suprise, with head phones connected the Windows App plays automatically when spotify is launched and once paused it will play again after about 15 seconds as per my original problem, However if i  have no head phones connected and have it playing through Laptop speakers then the problem goes away.

Hi All,

Not exactly a solution, more of work around i stumbled across checking audio settings

The headset jack occurence got me thinking had to be with drivers or audio hardware. Updating the drives did nothing.

However

When i went in to Sound in control panel and left that open on the screen the problem goes away. Still trying to work out why i even need to do that as once i close sound options the issue returns.

and a follow up to this.

I am using a Lenovo USB-C docking station for my X1 Carbon and if i default audio to the dock and connect my headphones, issue also is resolved.

So looks like something to do with audio on the system board for the laptop, no luck in finding solution thus far other than work arounds.

I got the same issue with a video in chrome yesterday. I've been googling since then and it seems to be a problem with the latest driver for realtek high definition audio on lenovo x1 carbon 6th gen. People are able to roll back the driver to make the problem go away.

I tried connecting the headphones to my docking station as well and the problem went away. I am in an enterprise environment so don't want to mess around with the drivers of my computer, but seeing as the problem went away with using the dock I'm happy either way.

See this page for the solution regarding rollback of drivers.  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-6th-Gen-keeps-unpausing-pl...

Suggested posts