Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

Solved!

"This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

I've exhausted most options to fix the issue and nothings worked. I've gone through 3 different similiar posts and none of those solutions worked.

I've tried:

- Restarting PC

- Logging out and reinstalling

- Flipping between offline and online mode (thought maybe it was stuck in offline)

- Swapping my audio output

- Running as Admin

- Someone said disconnecting monitor fixed it for them, tried that with no success

Weird thing was it was working just fine not but last night and I haven't updated anything or changed any settings since. I'm running a Win10 laptop, if that info is any help. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @Vitreousjudge

Did you try to follow these steps:

Click Edit (PC) or Spotify (Mac).
Select Preferences.
Scroll down to Local Files.
Deselect all sources.
Close, and restart your computer and the Spotify application.
Select all local file sources once again.

Please let me know if you need more help.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @Vitreousjudge

Did you try to follow these steps:

Click Edit (PC) or Spotify (Mac).
Select Preferences.
Scroll down to Local Files.
Deselect all sources.
Close, and restart your computer and the Spotify application.
Select all local file sources once again.

Please let me know if you need more help.

Weird, that actually worked, I had already turned them off just never turned them back on after restart. Thank you!

I'm having the same issue but the solution isn't working for me.  Also I've tried disabling and enabling hardware acceleration.

Fast forward a year later, and Spotify still hasn't fixed their software issues. I still have this problem. Not sure if I will renew my premium account due to this. 

Having the same problem as well with a lot of albums. Very strange and frustrating. Nothing helps.

Ive tried that several times an it still doesnt work

It doesnt happen with all the songs, just with some specific albums and is really anoying

Suggested posts