Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

rearrange order of tracks in a playlist

Solved!

rearrange order of tracks in a playlist

I have a playlist that I've added songs to, and rearranged by dragging the tracks into different orders. At some point I clicked one of the column titles (Track, Artist, Album..) and it was reorganized by that label. I can no longer drag tracks into a particular order. Is there a way to restore the playlist to that original order that I was editing before?

30 Replies

mewminerva

Hi, I am sorry to sound a bit dim, just to be clear, all I want to do is rearrange the order of a playlist.

So,

#1, do your instructions apply to me?

#2, if yes, could you please say exactly what you mean when you say 'a label'  is this the title of the track?

#3, what do you mean 'arrange it one way' do you mean move it up one place - one click, or downwards one place two clicks, and does 'take it off the arrangement altogether - three clicks, mean delete from the list?

And finally, I am sorry to be such a pedant, does 'click' mean right click? left click? or something else.

At this point I imagine you will cheerfully answer the first question with a No and breathe a sigh of relief. I seem to be having lots of issues with Spotty, today my search doesn't work, it did yesterday. Possibly your instructions would normally work and it is just my PC playing up along with the search function. I would really appreciate any/all help with this, and thank-you very much anyway. Herb

Ok, I have it all figured out now. I was using Spotty from a Firefox browser, by chance somebody using this pc downloaded Spotify 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd using a Safari browser.  I found it on the taskbar and after I logging in I can see these two are very different animals, basically one is crap and the other works incredibly well by comparison. 

just saved me an hour I'm sure...and a smashed monitor! Blessings unto you kind sir or madam.

Was that for me Paul? if so thank you and you're very welcome. If it is for another user, sod off ;o)  (sir) Herb

I still am unable to rearrange the order of tracks on my playlists, can you please suggest what I should do?

Hi,

im new to Spotify. I can't reorder tracks in my playlists on my iPad and don't really want to have to delete all the songs and start again with the order I want them in. I have no arrows as others have mentioned - any thoughts?

thanks 😊

I found the solution!!!!! I have the most updated version and I have an iPhone. Follow these steps to move a song on your playlist.

1. Get on to your playlist (click on it)

2. Look at the top right corner and you'll see 3 dots in a row.

3. Click on the dots

4. Next, you'll see edit.

5. Click on edit.

6. Then on the right side there will be 3 bars on top of each other.

7. Hold down on the bars and drag to the area you want!!!

Hope this works!!!!

I found the solution!!!!! I have the most updated version and I have an iPhone. Follow these steps to move a song on your playlist.

1. Get on to your playlist (click on it)

2. Look at the top right corner and you'll see 3 dots in a row.

3. Click on the dots

4. Next, you'll see edit.

5. Click on edit.

6. Then on the right side there will be 3 bars on top of each other.

7. Hold down on the bars and drag to the area you want!!!

Hope this works!!!!

this is really annoying

I'm still not seeing a way to rearrange tracks in a playlist through the browser (Windows 7 and latest version of Chrome), or through the Android app.  Does it only work through a browser extension or the desktop app?  Do I need to be a paying users?

It's fundamental shortcomings like this that made me switch to Deezer. I keep my Spotify account just so that I can share playlists that I made on Deezer with friends that are still using Spotify (using an auto converting web app). If you want to order your playlists, consider using a better application than Spotify.

Suggested posts