Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

rearrange order of tracks in a playlist

Solved!

rearrange order of tracks in a playlist

I have a playlist that I've added songs to, and rearranged by dragging the tracks into different orders. At some point I clicked one of the column titles (Track, Artist, Album..) and it was reorganized by that label. I can no longer drag tracks into a particular order. Is there a way to restore the playlist to that original order that I was editing before?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

okay, figured this out. click once on a label to arrange it one way, a second time to arrange it the reverse, and a third to take off the arrangement altogether, getting you back to your original order.

View solution in original post

30 Replies
Marked as solution

okay, figured this out. click once on a label to arrange it one way, a second time to arrange it the reverse, and a third to take off the arrangement altogether, getting you back to your original order.

Muchos gracias for this.

Thank you.  I was going crazy trying to figure out why the playlist was frozen and out of order.

VERY HELPFUL!!  I have just switched from Rhapsody and after 24 hours am impressed with the Spotify interface and how easy it is to drag, drop, sort.  However, I was freaking out a tiny bit that I could no longer drag my playlist songs into a diffferent order.  Did a serach in the Community, and bingo....your answer to the problem!  Great stuff.  Thanks again.  Tom

I have the same issue but just checking the columns didn't help at all.  

This won't work for all playlists. My starred playlist, for instance, can't be rearranged. But a playlist that I create can be sorted and rearranged. If I make a playlist and sort by track name, it should bring up an arrow next to the "Track" heading. Click it again and the order is reversed. Click it again and the arrow goes away, and you can move the tracks in your playlist freely. Does that help?

Yeah none of that helped mostly because I already knew/tried it.  It did "fix" itself after I turned it off/logout and shut down on all my devices and then restarted and logged back in.  Hope it stays fixed.  I like being able to move songs around. 🙂 

Is there any way to change/rearraign or  insert new tracks after the play list was made?

Thank you,

Spotify Newbie

To add a track to a playlist, you can right-click on it and choose a playlist from the "Add to" option, or just drag it to the correct playlist on the left. 

If you're looking at a playlist, you can drag the tracks around to re-order it. If a track won't move, make sure that your playlist isn't in some predefined order like sorted alphabetically or by date added. If there's an arrow next to any of the column labels, click that label until there is no arrow anymore. You should be able to drag tracks to new locations in the playlist now.

sort on Added column

I have been struggling with this for ages!

thanks - it's so simple but it's not very intuitive!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!

Thanks! Solved!

Thanks for posting this. It's still something of a bug in that the "no sort" order is actually "added" order. It seems I should be able to move items in the playlist if my playlist is sorted by "added". But this doesn't work.

thank you, thank you, thank you.....thought i had ruined my zumba set.

I read through all of these, and tried to apply them all to my app...both on my mobile device and desktop. None of these scenarios are applying as to why I still can't rearrange my playlist. There is no arrow next to any column. There is no set arrangment, BUT I definitely don't want my list to stay in this order. PLEASE HELP!!! I ruined my favorite playlist!!!! 

Are you using the desktop client or the browser on your desktop? You can't sort tracks in the browser at the moment. The latest android release is the only one which allows track sorting (on artist name or track title) from a drop-down menu in playlist view.

Yes!  Thx for your advice - saved me.

Can you please help me figure out how to rearrange my playlist? I attached a picture of what I see.
Screenshot_2014-12-29-20-10-05.png

Suggested posts