Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

skipping through songs without playing

skipping through songs without playing

plan- family premium

windows 10

I was listening to my music just fine but had to pause for whatever reason, and when I unpaused it wouldn't play anymore. It froze on a song for a few seconds then skipped onto the next one, didn't do anything then started skipping through the whole playlist really fast. I tried different playlists and albums and it does the same no matter what I try to play. 

I uninstalled Spotify and redownloaded but it still happens, and its only on my laptop that it's happening and it happen quite suddenly as It was working just fine minutes ago.

2 Replies

I'm having the same issue, using Windows 10 Spotify desktop app. I've had the same issue on the Android app as well. It seems like a deeper problem with the Spotify player.

When this happens, Spotify just continuously skips through songs. In my case, it doesn't play any audio, just skips through tracks every fraction of a second, as if every song was just a split second of silence. It doesn't happen when using my laptop's built-in speakers but that's not a good workaround as I want to listen to music through my studio monitors. It happens with every song by every artist.

I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, changing the default audio device for Spotify in Windows settings, and running as administrator, but nothing has solved the issue. Spotify developers really need to step up and fix this problem. It's been an ongoing issue for me for years.

Hey @AlteriusOmega,

Thanks for posting here in the Community 🙂

The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far are very good. We'd like to suggest a few more.

Can you give these steps a go? If that doesn't help, it's a good idea to try running the app in a Safe Mode

Does the issue occur when you try with another account? That way we can check if it's an account-related issue.

@Maihood If you still experience this issue, you can try the steps mentioned above. Are there any changes?

Keep us in the loop! We'll be right here if you have any questions.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts