Need help? Check out Spotify Answers for solutions to a wide range of topics.
solved and can be deleted
Many people are having problems with the new update including me. I tried this method and it worked 100%. I hope it works for you too.
* Open your Notepad as an administrator
* Browse to: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
* Select to open "All Files" and then open file "hosts"
* You should delete all lines containing "spotify" or "fastly"
* Save the file
* Close Spotify Desktop and try to open it again
Maybe this one is more clear. I had the same problem as you. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/FIX-Spotify-can-t-play-songs-only-saved-songs-play-...