Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Downtime March 26th] Intermittent issues with Web Player, Desktop app, TV, etc

We're getting reports about intermittent issues with Web Player, Desktop app, TV clients and partner devices. Users are reporting various error messages in the app or web player. TV app, Playstation and other devices might also experience issues with playback and/or searching for tracks to play.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
DMorrison88

I have the same issue on desktop. I've tried multiple browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) with the same result. Also occasionally have the browsers throw an upstream timeout error. 

gimmedamusicb0ss

Edit: Of course I sit here having a heart attack for 3 hours trying to fix it and right after I post here it fixes itself. Well, if anyone has an issue with their Spotify not loading in albums but loading in playlists fine I guess just wait a while and hopefully it will solve itself. Sorry for posting here too early, I genuinely thought this was going to be a serious problem. Cheers.

Elena
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

The relevant teams are currently looking into this.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

lajenner

I am having the same issue. It says, "Something went wrong. Search for something else?"

sprice294

I am using Spotify's desktop app on a Mac - at first, searching an artist would not pull up any results and resulted in an error screen, but now I can type into the search bar and it won't let a search happen when I press enter. I uninstalled and reinstalled the ap, cleared the cache, and tried several different ways to search. Thanks for responding to this issue! 

ckir03

Already posted in the Other Help community, but will reiterate there are continually "Something Went Wrong" popups when using a Chromebook (Chrome OS) and Chrome Browser or your PWA that prevent access to your website.  The Android app currently appears unaffected.  Also, a side issue to consider here is that many users will probably be logging out and back in again as part of troubleshooting, which may inadvertently trigger your "suspicious activity" algorithm.  Seems like an overhaul is in order here.

Elena
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

ishaan_jiv

I'm on linux (fedora 39) via snap package manager and I think the issue isn't yet fixed. It just shows on the web after clicking login to the client, that something went wrong and on the client it says "Service is currently unavailable" with an error code of 'desktop_login_accounts:3'

Radio_AG

Plan

Duo plan

Country

USA

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am unable to see any of my playlists or search music on my windows Spotify. I have uninstalled and installed, went offline and back online, logged out and logged back in. None of those actions have helped me. I am able to log into my phone and my wife's account works on her PC version of Spotify. The FAQs are pretty much useless in this situation. I would love to have access to this paid for service on my PC.

Sebasty

Hey @Radio_AG 

Is that issue still present for you? Usually those incidents are passing as they get resolved pretty quickly.
Did you also check if your Spotify works on your wife's version of Spotify?

: )