Premium

Country

USA

Device

HP laptop

Operating System

Windows 10 6 bi

hi guys,

this just started happening the other day and I have no idea why.  the songs play in reverse.  so if I have it sorted by song title and play the song "in da club", the next song that plays is "hey jealousy" instead of "jumper".  so "jumper" should be the one to play next!   did I change something and not know it?

My Question or Issue

12 Replies

Hi @ajetrumpet, thanks for writing!

When we sort it by song title, it can do it both ways (A - Z and Z - A). Please make sure you've set it to go from A to Z and let me know if it works 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

of course i've set the orientation the right way my friend.  that was the first thing I checked!

upon further review, it seems that the songs play in reverse in order at "random".  it only happens sometimes when I open the application.  there's no reason for it.  anything else that could be going on with this?

That's odd. Have you checked if you're running the latest version of Spotify?

Anyway I'd suggest a reinstallation of the app:

1. Open Spotify and click File in the menu bar. Select Exit.
  2. Click the Start button. Select Settings.
  3. Open System.
  4. Click Apps, then select Spotify.
  5. Click Uninstall. Click Uninstall again in the pop-up to confirm.
  6. Download and install Spotify from the Windows Apps store.

Hope this is more helpful!

BittencourtSpotify Star

i was assuming that would be ur response.  😃  uninstallation is the ''go to'' fix when something makes no sense.  i've heard that countless times.  i will see if it happens again on a frequent basis (as it's not happening right now) and if it does I will then try a reinstall.  I'll post here if that doesn't help either.  thanks my friend.

Alright @ajetrumpet

If it happens again, you can try logging into another account (maybe from a friend or someone from your family) and see if the error persists. 

Also, does it also happen when you use your phone or other device?

BittencourtSpotify Star

actually YES, on the phone is happens as well on a random basis.  by the way, why in the he$$ do I have to fill out that stupid captcha picture every single time I post in this thread!?  it's that a little overboard?

bitten,

this stupid **bleep** happened again.  played 10 songs in a row, then it suddenly it skipped over 4 and headed to the 5th.

bitten,

i just tried uninstalling this stupid thing and re-installing it and it makes no difference.  it is still happening.  for instance, see the attached image.  when I play 3 goo goo dolls songs in a row, after the 3rd one called "broadway", it skips back 5 songs on the list and plays "king of wishful thinking" by GO WEST.  when this happens the songs are sorted by ARTIST.  i'm thinking spotify kinda sucks at this point.  i never did anything to change it's behavior.  no setting changes, etc....   what would you suggest I do?  In the image I've attached, "airplane mode" was on unknowingly to me, but this is just one instance.  the skipping doesn't seem to have any pattern to it and it happens multiple times at multiple song end points and most of the time airplane mode is NOT on.

1.png

Hey @ajetrumpet,

Does it only happen in your Liked Songs or on any playlists as well? 

If it only happens on Liked Songs, we have a similar sounding Ongoing Issue. Can you please take a look and add your info if so?

If it happens with other playlists as well, it'd be helpful if you could confirm if logging in using a different account helps.

Thanks!

BittencourtSpotify Star

what do you mean when you say """

Can you please take a look and add their info if so?"""

add their info?  reference their thread in this one?

and yes, it happens on playlists as well.  I just haven't listened to the actual list in a week, but it was happening back then too.  I only have one playlist called "all songs".  there's no need for more than 1.

as far as logging under a different account, I don't wanna go thru that much trouble.  I only have one account here.  besides, if I sign up a new one, I would have to test it using spotify free instead of prem. which is what this account has

Hey @ajetrumpet, I'm sorry for the late reply.

Well, I still think you should try logging in a different account with the same tested devices (maybe you have someone who can "lend" you their account to do this quickly). That would help clarifying whether the experienced issue depends on the account itself. 

Furthermore, you can follow all the relevant steps in this support page article and let me know if it helps somehow.

BittencourtSpotify Star

bit,

I will try to fix it with your article later.  it is worth noting too, that this stupid occurance happens in both the mobile app and the desktop app.

I can always create a fake account here and duplicate my songs by exporting out of my playlist in this account and importing them into the fake account.

can't you import a playlist?  i know for a fact you can export a list, as I found a tool to do that and the output i think is csv.

Suggested posts