Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

sound issues with the desktop app

Solved!

sound issues with the desktop app

Recently, I've gotten Opera GX and have been using the webplayer a lot. It works perfectly fine, but now I've been having issues with the desktop app ever since then. Everything's functions alright besides the sound being muted. I've connected to a different device and reconnected, logged in and out, and reinstalled and installed the app but nothing's working (all with no other applications open). I haven't tried uninstalling Opera and am hoping I won't have to, but if it might help I could.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @justashadow,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

You mentioned you've already tried reinstalling the app, but we suggest running a clean reinstall by following these steps. This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

If that doesn't make a difference, can you let us know if the same happens when using the PC's speakers if available, instead of an external device?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi there @justashadow,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome!

You mentioned you've already tried reinstalling the app, but we suggest running a clean reinstall by following these steps. This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store.

If that doesn't make a difference, can you let us know if the same happens when using the PC's speakers if available, instead of an external device?

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts