Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify is showing error auth:16 i've tried every other option on the community

Solved!

spotify is showing error auth:16 i've tried every other option on the community

hi im a spotify premium user and my spotify has stopped working and is showing error auth:16 and when i remove the fire wall some other error client_token:101 spotify

I've tried every other option on the community even reset my whole pc but cant get it to work . Its not even working on web player

It is working on my phone and im afraid to logout becuse if i do i may not get to login back 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey again @alicekarato!

In that case you can check hosts file for any entries with Spotify and delete them. Here's how:

1. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
  2. There you'll find a file called hosts. Right-click on it and select Open with, then choose Notepad from the list of apps that show up. In case you don't see Notepad there, press Look for another app on this PC and go to C:\Windows\System32 where the Notepad app is located.
  3. When the file is opened, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 127.0.0.1 website2.com.
  4. Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com or 0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net. If you do find any, you can delete the line.
  5. Save your changes and restart the Spotify app.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

I cant even login to my account as general using chrome or any other so i have to use a vpn just to go to spotify home page  and no it is not a connection problem

Hey @Coochlae,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

Just to confirm, did this started after a recent update?

Changing tunes, let us know if this happens when using a different WiFi network.

On another note, we suggest making sure your proxy settings are set to default, and confirm you have any VPNs disabled (as VPNs may create conflicts with Spotify). If you have any firewalls, or process ending apps/programs installed, we recommend disabling those to test for now (if you have Windows OS).

Lastly, send us over the make/model, OS version and Spotify version installed. 

We'll stay tuned. 

AndresMModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

I am also having the same problem, however, I am able to use the webplayer. I have tried all of the suggested solutions - clean re-installs, disabling firewalls, I dont use a VPN, I cleared cache, everything.

I have no problems accessing it on my phone as well. Please help! Thanks

Hi @alicekarato!

Here's something you can try out:

1. On the login page in the app, click on Settings located at the bottom.
  2. Set the Proxy type to No Proxy, or if you're using Proxy, select the appropriate type and enter your details.
  3. Click on Restart App and reenter your login details.

Let us now how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator

Hello!

I've tried that with no success, and I've even tried factory resetting my
computer.
Marked as solution

Hey again @alicekarato!

In that case you can check hosts file for any entries with Spotify and delete them. Here's how:

1. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
  2. There you'll find a file called hosts. Right-click on it and select Open with, then choose Notepad from the list of apps that show up. In case you don't see Notepad there, press Look for another app on this PC and go to C:\Windows\System32 where the Notepad app is located.
  3. When the file is opened, you will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like 127.0.0.1 website2.com.
  4. Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like 0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com or 0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net. If you do find any, you can delete the line.
  5. Save your changes and restart the Spotify app.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted!

YordanModerator

Suggested posts