Premium

Country

usa

Device

computer

Operating System

windows?

My Question or Issue

my suggested artists have not updated in about a week. can i get that stated again? thanks for the help

25 Replies

Hey there!

Glad you asked. So, the way suggestions work is that it completely depends on your listening activity. Sometimes the recommendations might be slow to update because your listening pattern is not changing too much. What I would suggest is, as your listening activity changes and updates it will change your recommendations including suggested artists, playlists, etc. Do not worry, it is not a bug, this is just how it works.

Throw a like my way or mark this as a solution if I helped. ‌😊

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

hi thanks for the answer.

however, spotify is indeed frozen. this has happened many times before. i am listening to all kinds of music and the suggested artists &  other "similar artist" features are not updating. Any advice on how to fix this?

thank you.

uninstall and reinstall, for starters? Could you link me to the new and improved re installation guide? thank you.

I will try that, then see if it fixes itself.

Hey @youdeletedme

Thanks for your reply. 

Just to make sure, are you still experiencing this issue? If so, could you try logging out and then logging back in twice in the app? This is how we force the app to refresh its cache. 

On another note, you can find the steps on how to perform a clean reinstall on your device here. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If the issue persists after following those steps, would you mind sending us a screenshot of the section that is not updating? Make sure not to send any private info.

Keep us posted.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

hi. i logged of and on 2xs it made no difference in fixing it

then i uninstalled and reinistalled and it fixed it...BUT

now it's reverted to being frozen again, reverting to the performers / acts it was frozen on the last time.

the following is frozen: favorite artists, recommended radio, suggested artists

Perhaps i need to speak to a technician?

This is what happened before. After i uninstalled and reinstalled several times, and it still did not fix, they fixed it from your end.

Could I have a link to a tech, or other advice?

thank you

Hey @youdeletedme,

thanks for the reply. Interesting to hear that a reinstall fixes it, but then it freezes again. This is indeed odd.

We suspect the app might be having trouble recommending you new things based on your usage habits, but there's no way to be sure. You can try getting in touch with our support team from the links mentioned here, although they might not have many options to try themselves.

If you were directly in contact with one of our tech folks in the past, it's best to reply directly to the email conversation you had with them. They'd know best what they did to help.

We hope the situation improves, take care!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hi, can i speak directly to a tech, like in a chat?

this problem has persisted awhile.

thank you so much

oh yeah, it's isn't failing to update because I'm not listening to new music.

it randomly "chose" performers for "favorites" that I listened to once or twice and it WILL NOT UPDATE:
recommended for today,
suggested artists,
favorite artists,
recommended radio,
Made for.

Can I chat w/ a tech,or are techs only available via email ?

thanks

hi,

no tech has returned my email.

no one has answered me about how to contact a tech in chat, or over the phone.

no one has even responded to me.

I am paying for spotify.

The problem i am dealing with has persisted for over 2 months.

I would like some help w/ getting the problem resolved.

thank you very much

Hi @youdeletedme,

Thank you for your reply.

We don't offer telephone support at the moment. However you should be able to troubleshoot more with our customer support as they can have a closer look backstage.

Sometimes it takes a couple of days for the customer support to get back to you. It all depends on if it's high traffic or not.

You can also try to send a message here.

Let us know how it goes.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

"However you should be able to troubleshoot more with our customer support as they can have a closer look backstage."

Hi. great. How do I contact these guys? Are these the  people I am supposed to contact through email ?

Still waiting for the people I contacted through email to get back to me.? It's been 5 days, but I hope to hear from them soon.

Also, i started a new account and it is working normally, but I'm afraid that won't last. I think the problem may be linked to the caches attached to my accounts

I think i may be having a problem similar to the people whose "recently listened" performers don't update, but mine is with my "favorite artists," and then I have similar, consequential problems.

I am going to try the fix that is recommended for the "recently played" not updating,  and see if that works.

thank you 4 your time.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Mobile-Recently-Played-not-updating/idi-p/5233455

I tried to fix the problem using this method. It did not work.

recommended radio changed, but i suspect its just frozen on a new group of acts, and did not truly update to match my most recently listened performers, etc. The other recommendation features are still not updating

This seems to be a problem from your end because spotify does not work on other computers, either.

The last time spotify stopped updating the problem was fixed by a tech I spoke to in a CHAT.

You gave me  new accounts and brought over my playlists to these accounts.

Thus, the problem was solved in 20 minutes as opposed to continuing over 2 months, with still no help.

Am I correct in understanding that you only provide tech help through email?

Hi @youdeletedme,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if the same issue occurs on different devices?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator

"Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this."

YES.

I also manually deleted all the cache, according to your advice to customers whose recently played does not update.

I also followed the link to the help tech you gave me

It went to an email for customer support

I emailed customer support for help with my problem.

I have not heard back from anyone after multiple re-sends. It has now been...2, 3 weeks since I first emailed them...possibly longer?

I have cancelled my subscription to spotify and will remain unsubscribed until this problem is resolved and stays that way for awhile.

I started a new account and everything is working there, except for the discover playlist which is now frozen. I suspect the rest of the new account will stop functioning too, as well

Now I would like for you to answer the following question:

CAN I SPEAK TO A TECH OVER CHAT?

PLEASE ANSWER YES OR NO.

If yes, please link me to them.

thank you

Hi again @youdeletedme,

Thank you for your reply and for the troubleshooting you've done.

We have multiple channels including chat, which can be accessed from the link already shared by @Mihail here

At the moment we do not offer a direct line to our developers (in case that’s what you mean by tech), but our customer support can raise their issue with them if necessary.

Also, we suggest that you check your spam/ junk folders in your inbox and ensure that you've provided the correct email address when filling in the contact form.

If you received an automated response to your question and it didn’t solve their issue, you can reply directly to the email and someone should get back to you within a few days.

If it's possible, can you provide us screenshots of how things look on the new account compared to your old one?

You also mentioned that your discover playlist is frozen on the new account as well. Just to clarity, do you mean the Discover Weekly?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator

hi,

the link you gave me goes to an email: support at spotify dot com

Am I missing something?

Can I be linked direct to a chat?

No one writes back to me from the email you gave me. I have checked my spam folders and resent the email multiple times.

I guess you mean that the people I am supposed to email will connect me to a tech, IN A CHAT?

By "tech" I definitely mean customer service who can help with things like this. I will refer them to as customer support from now on, so there is less confusion. I would never presume to ask to speak to the developers!

Yes, my "discover weekly" does not update.

Also, my "recommended for today" and "suggested artist" feature has disappeared. And on this new account it never had a "favorite artist" feature... I hope that's not the result of my deleting things in my cache account.

Hey,

Thanks for getting back to us.

You can head here and click on Send Message. Then you can try again describing your issue in order for our customer support to be able to look into this further. You can also include the link to this thread so the folks can be up-to-date with everything that has been done so far.

In case you get an error message when you try getting in touch with the support team, you can send us a screenshot of it. We'll look into this further.

The Community is here for you if there's anything else!

Ver Moderator

HI,
I think the problem is that you think you are linking me to a chat option, but on my end, all I'm seeing is an email option.

The link goes to a "contact us " screen, which I've screen saved.

If I press directly at the link on that page,"support at spotify dot com," it has a pop up that connects me to my mail function(I think).

I don't use that email, so I copied what i thought was the spotify email, support at spotify dot com," into the email system I use, and emailed you through that. But I have not heard back from anyone.

I have screen shot the original contact us screen, the mail pop up, and I scrolled to the bottom of the page so you could see there was not an obscured "send message" function.

Could you tell me what I am missing, or what is going wrong here? How can I speak to a customer support person in a chat?

thank you

Screenshot (2)_LI.jpg
Screenshot (3)_LI.jpg
Screenshot (4)_LI.jpg

Hey @youdeletedme,

Thanks for the info.

It's a good idea to open an incognito window and try again contacting our team here. Keep in mind that you've to log in to your account before contacting our support team. Then they can help you further via chat.

Alternatively you can tweet a direct message to @SpotifyCare.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator

Suggested posts