Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

the music does not play, stuck at 0:00

the music does not play, stuck at 0:00

I am not the only one with this error.

https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/onpao9/every_song_stuck_at_000_and_not_working/

https://www.reddit.com/r/spotify/comments/onylsl/songs_stuck_at_000_on_pc/

So it's been over 20 hours and still no fix - for something which should be a priority!
Yes, it works fine on web player and on Android, but on Windows 10 - it doesn't. I did have it open in the morning and it worked but after the restart (update? not sure), it stopped.
Some user comment that the workaround is skipping song to last 5 seconds, then it plays normally, and goes to the next track. But it's not a good solution, as then progress bar is still 'frozen', but yeah, at least the next track is playing.

It's bad enough you messed up the UI for no reason, if you're not going to make it workable, I will finally make a switch to the alternative.
This is a groundbreaking bug. Fix your damn app.

4 Replies

Ok, workaround: turn on normalization of tracks.
The client works fine after that.

Needless to say, it's still a major bug which should be fixed ASAP. And it should never have happened in the first place (do you have any QA or only a million graphic designers?). Yet Spotify team didn't even address it in any kind.

Hey @hastynero

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. Make sure to download the app again from to Microsoft Store

If the issue persists after this, we suggest that you try clearing your host files on your PC following these steps. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

People have done that and it didn't work for them.
It started working back again yesterday for no reason (with 'normalize volume' off).

Hi there @hastynero,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to see that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts