Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

sort ascending

I am using win desktop. I am trying to sort in the songs list {not a playlist} for some time now when I click on the up or down arrow next to title, artist or ion of a clock it fails to work. Why has this sort ascending/descending been blocked? What ...

• Not applicable
  • I am using win desktop. I am trying to sort in the songs list {not a playlist} for some time now when I click on the up or down arrow next to title, artist  or ion of a clock it fails to work. W...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can I sort the playlist by saved songs or not as favorites?

I am a premium user. Sometimes I listen to a playlist with many songs and many of them I already have in my favorite song lists and they have a strong heart, is there any way to sort the playlist for the songs with my heart marked? I mainly use the d...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium user.  Sometimes I listen to a playlist with many songs and many of them I already have in my favorite song lists and they have a strong heart, is there any way to sort the playl...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • heart
    Heart button
    order
    Playlist
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Do you have to remain connected to wifi to play local files?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLG G7Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueAs the title says, do i have to stay connected to wifi even after i download the local file to get it to play on my phone?

• Plan Premium Country USA Device LG G7 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue As the title says, do i have to stay connected to wifi even after i download the local file to get...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify stuck in Offline mode

Periodically, on Windows 10, spotify believes that there is no internet connection when there is. This is abolutely infuriating, as the only way to fix it is to restart my PC. Has anyone else had this issue?

• Regular
  • Periodically, on Windows 10, spotify believes that there is no internet connection when there is.   This is abolutely infuriating, as the only way to fix it is to restart my PC. Has anyone els...
  • cosmowave
  • Casual Listener
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes

Certain Songs Will NOT PLAY / Not Recognized in Playlist

I dont know if anyone has a solution to this but so far Sonos support cannot figure this out. I manage my music and create playlists on my desktop (I use a program called MusicBee). When I create a Playlist and then open the Sonos Desktop App and Upd...

• Casual Listener
  • I dont know if anyone has a solution to this but so far Sonos support cannot figure this out.   I manage my music and create playlists on my desktop (I use a program called MusicBee).  &...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution I can't update my profile picture

PlanPremiumCountryColombiaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueI'm experiencing some issues when uploading or updating my profile picture.When I upload my profile picture everything "works" fine, but when I change sections (so to spe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Colombia Device PC Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue I'm experiencing some issues when uploading or updating my profile picture. When I upload my ...
  • Mario
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Issues
    no facebook
    profile picture
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify desktop app will not launch

Premium - US - computer - windows 10 Spotify app on my computer will not launch. I have reinstalled and deleted several times. When I attempt to launch Spotify, I briefly see the spinning disc then nothing happens. I have downloaded the app file from...

• Casual Listener
  • Premium - US - computer - windows 10   Spotify app on my computer will not launch. I have reinstalled and deleted several times. When I attempt to launch Spotify, I briefly see the spinning di...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

When steaming on Twitch, if I use the mic, the Spotify volume drops. How do I disable this?

I've tested this with other music sources and even youtube videos, the audio dropping is specific to spotify and specifically when I use the mic. Is there a way to disable this "feature" in Spotify? I will have to unsubscribe and choose another sourc...

• I've tested this with other music sources and even youtube videos, the audio dropping is specific to spotify and specifically when I use the mic.   Is there a way to disable this "feature" in ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Doesnt Shuffle Properly

Spotify has the issue where is new songs are added to a playlist it wont shuffle those, instead it just put them at the bottom no matter how many time you reshuffle them This problems seems to be on Windows and Android, but there is really no reason ...

• Visitor
  • Spotify has the issue where is new songs are added to a playlist it wont shuffle those, instead it just put them at the bottom no matter how many time you reshuffle them   This problems seems ...
  • blauder1
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify is not showing on Window Game Bar

I have been trying to resolve this issue,But couldn't find any solution. I have also tried reinstalling Spotify app from window store but still there's no sign of it in game bar.

Shahrozjd_0-1578909471791.png
  • Visitor
  • I have been trying to resolve this issue,But couldn't find any solution. I have also tried reinstalling Spotify app from window store but still there's no sign of it in game bar.
  • xamionex
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Won't Play When Using my Microphone

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceRazer Blade Stealth I thinkOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen my microphone is turned on, it won't allow me to play music. It's weird and I don't know how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device Razer Blade Stealth I think Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When my microphone is turned on, it won't allow me to p...
  • Jeremy
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Everytime an ad plays it just freezes

PlanFreeCountryCanadaDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have the Spotify app installed, and every single time an advert plays, it just freezes. I have already reinstalled Spotify. As far as I know, the only way to fix this ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country Canada Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have the Spotify app installed, and every single time an advert plays, it just freezes. I h...
  • 引きこもり
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Can't Play This Right Now error when opening program

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDell XPS 13Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I open the desktop app, I get an error message in a blue bar across the top of the program that says "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the fil...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Dell XPS 13 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I open the desktop app, I get an error message in a blue bar across the top of t...
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My recently played is mixed up

I have recently set up new spotify account, but all my recently played are really mixed up. It's all stuff I've listened to but its in the wrong order and I'm really confused??

• Visitor
  • I have recently set up  new spotify account, but all my recently played are really mixed up. It's all stuff I've listened to but its in the wrong order and I'm really confused??
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify freezing after opening fullscreen application?

PlanPremium CountryAustralia DeviceWindows PC Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAfter alt tabbing out of a fullscreen application, clicking on spotify pushes it back behind all my other windows and if it is the only window on the monitor...

• Plan Premium   Country Australia   Device Windows PC   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue After alt tabbing out of a fullscreen application, clicking ...
  • Mario
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Troubleshooting
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Pressing play deleting songs

PlanPremiumCountry: EnglandDeviceCustom PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue;Ight so basically on my main playlist I clicked the 'play' icon by the song title to play it and the song disappeared. And then I clicked another and it went. T...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country: England Device Custom PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue; Ight so basically on my main playlist I clicked the 'play' icon by the song title to p...
  • ListenToGlobal
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution fullscreen mode

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueHow can I enter fullscreen mode ?

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue How can I enter fullscreen mode ? 
  • Jeremy
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify doesn't respond to commands after playing something, but doesn't crash

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDevicePersonal ComputerOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueThe program works fine in every tab until you command it to play anything, then, it doesn't respond to any commands, the player either doesn't move out of 0:...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Personal Computer Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue The program works fine in every tab until you command it to play anything, then, ...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

conan o'brien podcast

PlanPremiumCountryirelandDevicePC Windows 10,etc. My Question or Issueall episodes after zach galifianakis dont play

•   Plan Premium Country ireland Device PC Windows 10,etc.   My Question or Issue all episodes after zach galifianakis dont play 😞  
  • OneByBoo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Last.fm scrobbling stopped working

Plan:PremiumCountry:Italy Hi guys, I'm writing this because Last.fm scrobbling stopped working since yesterday, both from Desktop app and from smartphone. How can I fix it? Thanks a lot,Matteo

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Italy   Hi guys,   I'm writing this because Last.fm scrobbling stopped working since yesterday, both from Desktop app and from smartphone. How can I fix it?...
  • hans-jürgen
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes