Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution "O Spotify não consegue tocar isso no momento. Se você tiver o arquivo no computador, é possível imp

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro (1909) My Question or IssueHi, I'm having a huge problem with spotify desktop app. After more or less five seconds of music, the song stops and I get the error message: "O Spotify nã...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 Pro (1909)   My Question or Issue Hi, I'm having a huge problem with spotify desktop app. After more or less five...
  • CarlosE
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Warning before adding duplicate songs to a playlist no longer shown

Win 10 1.1.47.684.g136419d9-a Desktop, Premium, Germanyis this a "feature" of the new UI? I need this in order to keep track of what I listened to before. I just switched to premium, but if this is not a bug and this behaviour persist I will cancel m...

• Roadie
  • Win 10 1.1.47.684.g136419d9-a Desktop, Premium, Germany is this a "feature" of the new UI? I need this in order to keep track of what I listened to before. I just switched to premium, but if this is...
  • ClementMemCX
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 5 likes

Dark user interface damages my eyes

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 8.1My Question or IssueIf I look at the Spotify app's user interface for more than about 20 seconds, I lose the ability to read text for several minutes. I have to keep my interactions with the ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device PC Operating System Windows 8.1 My Question or Issue If I look at the Spotify app's user interface for more than about 20 seconds, I lose the ability to re...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution listen songs no page of artist and songs likés

PlanFreeCountryFranceDeviceDesktop HP Operating System Windows 10 version 20H2my screenshot is on the page community FlorianLB My Question or IssueWhen i listen a songs a page of artist for example Mozart : but Is not listen the songs. the section of...

Capture d’écran 2021-02-20 135600.jpg
  • Composer
  • Plan Free Country France Device Desktop HP  Operating System  Windows 10  version 20H2 my screenshot is on the page community FlorianLB   My Question or Issue When i li...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • classical
    songs
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sorting by Artist defaults to Title instead of Album

Operating SystemWindows 10 Spotify Version: Originally reported version 1.1.32.618.gda5638a6 Current version that is still experiencing the issue:1.1.44.538.g8057de92 My Question or IssueWhen sorting Liked Song's by Artist. What seemed like the indus...

micsea64_0-1589306551344.png micsea64_1-1589306691191.png
  • Visitor
  • Operating System Windows 10  Spotify Version:   Originally reported version 1.1.32.618.gda5638a6   Current version that is still experiencing the issue: 1.1.44.538.g8057de92 &n...
  • sammalamma88
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • bug
    Desktop
    sorting
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts Tab Missing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI cannot browse Podcasts on desktops. The category is completely missing. It exists on my phone, but not on any desktop app.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I cannot browse Podcasts on desktops. The category is completely missing. It exists on...
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't click shuffle or loop

PlanPremiumDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSubject line says it all. I literally can't click shuffle or loop. They're there, but they don't do anything. Restarting doesn't fix. While I'm here, sometimes when using the searc...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Subject line says it all. I literally can't click shuffle or loop. They're there, but they don't do anything. Resta...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Files won't update

PlanFreeCountryIsraelDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI added an MP3 file to the folder Spotify takes the Local Files from. It was not added to the Spotify Local Files. I waited a lot, restarted my computer, tried adding dif...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free Country Israel Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I added an MP3 file to the folder Spotify takes the Local Files from. It was not added to the ...
  • Creenel
  • Music Fan
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to delete from Playlist songs that were removed from Spotify?

I have a playlist that has two removed songs (i.e. the artists removed them from Spotify) so they don't show up in the playlist anymore.However, when I create a link to the playlist to share on my blog in a Spotify widget, the removed songs are showi...

• Music Fan
  • I have a playlist that has two removed songs (i.e. the artists removed them from Spotify) so they don't show up in the playlist anymore. However, when I create a link to the playlist to share on my ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Deleted songs
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Blackscreen when open, not responding when closed

PlanFreeCountryUkDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueEverytime I open Spotify it goes to a black screen, and everytime I close it, it stops responding. When it is closed, I go into task manager and see that 4-5 processes are still ...

• Regular
  •   Plan Free Country Uk Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Everytime I open Spotify it goes to a black screen, and everytime I close it, it stops respond...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Now playing bar disappeared

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello,the past week or so when I use the web player on windows 10 the now-playing bar is gone. I've tried deleting my cookies but still nothing. The weird thing is that when i use...

• Plan Premium Country Greece Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello, the past week or so when I use the web player on windows 10 the now-playing bar is gone. I've tried...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Web Player
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution No healthy upstream

PlanPremiumMy Question or IssueI got this message in the web player, i don't know what to do to solve it

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium My Question or Issue I got this message in the web player, i don't know what to do to solve it 😞
  • CandiePop
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

[Desktop][Other] Start

I've installed Spotify on my computer Windows 10 with Microsoft Store and when I turn on the computer Spotify starts. Ho I have to do for remove this feature?

• Visitor
  • I've installed Spotify on my computer Windows 10 with Microsoft Store and when I turn on the computer Spotify starts. Ho I have to do for remove this feature?
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution How to block song or artist

PlanPremiumCountryRussianDeviceWindows Macbook Pro late 2019/ Huawei P30 ProOperating SystemWindows 10 (Web/desktop) / Android / Mac os My Question or Issue I want to block song and artist in daily mix. I try search dislike button and i don't find.

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Russian Device Windows Macbook Pro late 2019/ Huawei P30 Pro Operating System Windows 10 (Web/desktop) / Android / Mac os   My Question or Issue   I want to ...
  • caponecapone
  • 27 replies
  • 45 likes
  • 27 replies
  • 45 likes

Seeing Every Device on Base

Hey Everyone, I am currently deployed for a wonderful time of sitting in the desert listening to music for a year. At least I thought I would be. Turns out the only internet I currently have where I am located is essentially a public access net that ...

• ...ave where I am located is essentially a public access net that you pay big bucks for a whole 6ish Mbps. Then to top it off, spotify wasnt loading and being so slow everything just failed to load. I c...
  • Keanu_C
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sync mobile app with mobile computer / sincronização com computador

PlanPremiumCountryBrazil Device(iPhone 7)Operating System(iOS 14.4) My Question or Issue(ENG) Hi guys, how are you?So, it's more a question than an issue.There's some way to snyc my playlist in PC app with the mobile app?For example:I got a playlist ...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil   Device (iPhone 7) Operating System (iOS 14.4)   My Question or Issue (ENG) Hi guys, how are you? So, it's more a question than an issue. There's s...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify repeatedly requests access for camera on Windows 10

Hi! Spotify repeatedly requests my camera on Windows 10. I noticed it from Lenovo SafeCam that records all camera requests. I am using Spotify that I downloaded from official source, and keep it updated. I scanned the software using Norton 360 and it...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   Spotify repeatedly requests my camera on Windows 10. I noticed it from Lenovo SafeCam that records all camera requests. I am using Spotify that I downloaded from official source, and kee...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • camera request
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify for Windows Desktop is showing the Web Player UI

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or Issue Hello, One of my friends is experiencing a problem where whenever they open their desktop Spotify app (both window 10 store and downloaded from spotify), they see t...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue   Hello,   One of my friends is experiencing a problem where whenever they open the...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify not Opening

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever i try to start Spotify, nothing happens. No error message, nothing in the task manager.Reinstalling it didnt help and the safe mode method also didnt help. I als...

• Plan Premium Country Germany Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever i try to start Spotify, nothing happens. No error message, nothing in the task ma...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app on PC

Hello guys! In my opinion the appearance on Spotify it’s just boring. And I think you can add some fresh to your application. Thanks for answering

• Hello guys!  In my opinion the appearance on Spotify it’s just boring. And I think you can add some fresh to your application. Thanks for answering      
  • Flanstario1
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes