Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Community Manager
  • Community Manager
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

The desktop app should have the same podcast feed as mobile

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFinding new episodes of podcasts with the desktop app is an absolute pain. I believe a similar feed as the mobile app (android) would be great and make finding podcast episodes much easier on ...

• Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Finding new episodes of podcasts with the desktop app is an absolute pain. I believe a similar feed as the mobile app (andro...
  • ray2pu
  • 3 replies
  • 29 likes
  • Desktop
    feature request
    podcast
  • 3 replies
  • 29 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked songs not showing as liked on artist page (ALL DEVICES, NOT JUST DESKTOP)

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLITERALLY HAPPENING ON EVERY DEVICE I OWN (windows 10, android, ios, macbook) My Question or IssueSome artists not showing the liked tracks that are sitting in my liked tracks. Yes i've made sure it's not another album/etc.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device LITERALLY HAPPENING ON EVERY DEVICE I OWN (windows 10, android, ios, macbook)   My Question or Issue Some artists not showing the liked tracks tha...
  • sandceal
  • Regular
  • 28 replies
  • 19 likes
  • Artist
    Artist issues
    liked
    liked songs
  • 28 replies
  • 19 likes

Ability to Create Playlist of ALL Liked Songs REMOVED

Hey all,I used to regularly create custom playlists of all my liked songs (4k+) and mix it with my local files of songs that aren't on Spotify which I then randomized on random.org to get a true shuffled playlist of ALL my songs. With the last few mo...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey all, I used to regularly create custom playlists of all my liked songs (4k+) and mix it with my local files of songs that aren't on Spotify which I then randomized on random.org to get a true sh...
  • areyouserioussp
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to Download Music

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI cannot download any music onto my desktop. Music will download to my phone on the same account, but when I click to download on desktop the tab will not slid...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I cannot download any music onto my desktop. Music will download to my phone on the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Organize Particular Playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUS DeviceDell DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI cannot reorganize a particular playlist. I am able to reorganize others, but not this one. I am ready to recreate it and see if that works, but takes too much tim...

• Plan Premium Country US   Device Dell Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I cannot reorganize a particular playlist. I am able to reorganize others, but no...
  • eltoch
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlist
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this right now. If you .... blabla.

PlanPremiumDeviceAcer PredatorOperating SystemWindows 10 I cant play any song on my laptop. Even all of the downloaded songs dont wont to play. Spotify shuffle 5-10 songs, dont play them at all and then stops. I try to clear the cache, reinstal, logo...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Acer Predator Operating System Windows 10   I cant play any song on my laptop. Even all of the downloaded songs dont wont to play. Spotify shuffle 5-10 songs, dont pla...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Desktop App funktioniert nicht

Ich habe mir ein neues Audio Interface (Komplete Audio 6 MK2) zugelegt und alles funktioniert super. Nur sagt die Spotify Desktop nun, wenn ich einen Song abspielen möchte folgendes: Spotify kann dies zurzeit nicht abspielen. Wenn sich die Datei auf ...

• Visitor
  • Ich habe mir ein neues Audio Interface (Komplete Audio 6 MK2) zugelegt und alles funktioniert super. Nur sagt die Spotify Desktop nun, wenn ich einen Song abspielen möchte folgendes:   Spotify...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Navigating backward and forward using mouse dedicated buttons no longer work

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHow long we'll have to wait so you can resolve issue with navigating backward and forward using mouse buttons in Windows Desktop App (both - UWP and standalone win32 a...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue How long we'll have to wait so you can resolve issue with navigating backward and forward u...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Toolbar Thing is Stuck

Windows 7 My Question or IssueThis green bar isn't working.I tried reinstalling, removing all the Spotify files but it doesn't help.

• Casual Listener
  • Windows 7   My Question or Issue This green bar isn't working. I tried reinstalling, removing all the Spotify files but it doesn't help.
  • Bariss26
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10: On startup, Spotify starts taking 3.5 GB of RAM, then crashes

PlanPremiumrecently upgraded from Free and never had any problems beforeCountryGermanyDeviceComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI recently upgraded from Spotify free where I never had any problems. When I upgraded (in December) I m...

• Plan Premium recently upgraded from Free and never had any problems before Country Germany Device Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I recently upgraded from ...
  • Joub
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Crash
    Windows 10
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Website fills RAM when playing

Running the most recent version of Firefox here. I got 8GB of RAM and whenever I try to use open.spotify.com the usage goes almost to 100% from the normal 30%. Pretty sure that's not supposed to happen.

• Regular
  • Running the most recent version of Firefox here. I got 8GB of RAM and whenever I try to use open.spotify.com the usage goes almost to 100% from the normal 30%. Pretty sure that's not supposed to happ...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Nearby devices not showing

Devices connected to the same Spotify account is not listedPlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevicePC and AndroidOperating SystemAndroid 9, Windows 10 Enterprise My Question or IssueOn my Android phone I can see all nearby devices like chrome cast adapters and...

• Regular
  • Devices connected to the same Spotify account is not listed Plan Premium Country Sweden Device PC and Android Operating System Android 9, Windows 10 Enterprise   My Question or Issue ...
  • CrazyD
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution freezes when ad plays

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 Spotify app freezes whenever ad for Killington tries to play. The only way to get it playing again is to close and restart the app. The app and my operating system are current to all u...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   Spotify app freezes whenever ad for Killington tries to play.  The only way to get it playing again is to...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

When I unselect downloaded music the space isn't cleared.

Hey Everyone, Actually I already found the solution but I want to share it with you guys/gals... So I have this small desktop with only an SSD so space is an issue. When I unselect 'download' for lists that I previously downloaded (but don't want to ...

• Regular
  • Hey Everyone,   Actually I already found the solution but I want to share it with you guys/gals...   So I have this small desktop with only an SSD so space is an issue.   When I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Audio Playback skipping on desktop app

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceAMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB Ram, Installed to an SSDOperating SystemWindows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.535 My Question or IssueWhen using the desktop app from the windows store or downloaded from the website the app will ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB Ram, Installed to an SSD Operating System Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.535   My Question or Issue When using the des...
  • robvyvey
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I try to play music on spotify on my computer, it tells me the message "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it." I...

• Regular
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I try to play music on spotify on my computer, it tells me the message "Spotify ca...
  • thecatskitten
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Backup library for OS Upgrade

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemCurrently Windows 7, soon windows 10 My Question or IssueI would like to back up my Spotify data to an external drive so I will not loose my songs and playlist when I upgrade from Windows 7 to Wind...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop PC Operating System Currently Windows 7, soon windows 10   My Question or Issue I would like to back up my Spotify data to an external d...
  • Alex
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

sort ascending

I am using win desktop. I am trying to sort in the songs list {not a playlist} for some time now when I click on the up or down arrow next to title, artist or ion of a clock it fails to work. Why has this sort ascending/descending been blocked? What ...

• Not applicable
  • I am using win desktop. I am trying to sort in the songs list {not a playlist} for some time now when I click on the up or down arrow next to title, artist  or ion of a clock it fails to work. W...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can I sort the playlist by saved songs or not as favorites?

I am a premium user. Sometimes I listen to a playlist with many songs and many of them I already have in my favorite song lists and they have a strong heart, is there any way to sort the playlist for the songs with my heart marked? I mainly use the d...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium user.  Sometimes I listen to a playlist with many songs and many of them I already have in my favorite song lists and they have a strong heart, is there any way to sort the playl...
  • Peter
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • heart
    Heart button
    order
    Playlist
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Do you have to remain connected to wifi to play local files?

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLG G7Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueAs the title says, do i have to stay connected to wifi even after i download the local file to get it to play on my phone?

• Plan Premium Country USA Device LG G7 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue As the title says, do i have to stay connected to wifi even after i download the local file to get...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes