Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • darkyoda1138
  • Regular
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 247 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Playlist Radio more broken than ever

I'm experiencing problems with the Spotify Playlist Radio. I've felt like the Playlist Radio has been suggesting crappy songs for more than 6 months now. I managed to record the problem in the image below. Even more bugs appear. Why suggest the same ...

spotifyabsolutegarbage.gif spotifycrapagain.jpg
  • Music Fan
  • I'm experiencing problems with the Spotify Playlist Radio. I've felt like the Playlist Radio has been suggesting crappy songs for more than 6 months now. I managed to record the problem in the image ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume ~5% on start up

PlanPremiumCountryUkraineDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueNot so long ago my Spotify volume started changing to ~5% when I start my PC. The volume level in Windows is fine, same as in my browser. But I have to increase the volum...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Ukraine Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Not so long ago my Spotify volume started changing to ~5% when I start my PC. The volu...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Ready to ditch Spotify and stick with Qobuz

Using Spotify Desktop app, how in the freaking world do I set it to default NOT to repeat every damned song I play? This is freaking idiotic design. I am so sick of starting a playlist on my iphone, mapping it to go through my desktop to pickup the s...

• Using Spotify Desktop app, how in the freaking world do I set it to default NOT to repeat every damned song I play? This is freaking idiotic design. I am so sick of starting a playlist on my iphone, ...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Spotify not working

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy Spotify app is working on my smartphone account, but doesn't work on my desktop account. I'm not able to start playing any music. I'd already unistalled and inst...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My Spotify app is working on my smartphone account, but doesn't work on my desktop accou...
  • Eni
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Where are the language files located?

Hey guys! So recently, Spotify started to use the annoying gender *. I want to edit my language files to get rid of it, but I do not know how. Can anyone direct me to the appropriate directory to fix this? I found some language files in %APPDATA% but...

• Regular
  • Hey guys!   So recently, Spotify started to use the annoying gender *.    I want to edit my language files to get rid of it, but I do not know how.   Can anyone direct me to...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Won't Play When Using my Microphone

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceRazer Blade Stealth I thinkOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen my microphone is turned on, it won't allow me to play music. It's weird and I don't know how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United States Device Razer Blade Stealth I think Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When my microphone is turned on, it won't allow me to p...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Insanely slow executing the simplest function

My desktop app (windows, in the US) has been slowing down over the past year or so, i kept assuming it was throttling because of the insane number of playlists I've created over the years (~1-2k ish?...). This past week it has now slowed to a latency...

• My desktop app (windows, in the US) has been slowing down over the past year or so, i kept assuming it was throttling because of the insane number of playlists I've created over the years (~1-2k ish?...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • latency
    slow app
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't play with USB C Headphones

PlanPremium/FamilyCountryNetherlandsDeviceAsus UX510; i5-7200U; 20GB RAM; Samsung USB-C 3.5mm jack adapter; Realtek HD AudioOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello, since I bought my Galaxy S20 with USB C headpones, I'm using them too on...

• Plan Premium/Family Country Netherlands Device Asus UX510; i5-7200U; 20GB RAM; Samsung USB-C 3.5mm jack adapter; Realtek HD Audio Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hel...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution List shuffles when songs are removed

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 sp1Spotify version1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7-a My Question or Issue>> https://youtu.be/50qYGUbWVTI Whenever I remove a song from my list it shuffles (instead of just moving the list up). Why? Bug o...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 7 sp1 Spotify version 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7-a   My Question or Issue >> https://youtu.be/50qYGUbWVTI   Whe...
  • Novy
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Autoplay can't be turned off. I've reinstalled and rebooted Windows 10

PlanPremiumCountry USADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI've tried everything to turn off Autoplay on my Windows 10 PC. Restarted. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Nothing works. I don't have this problem with YouTube or other Spotify co...

•   Plan Premium Country  USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I've tried everything to turn off Autoplay on my Windows 10 PC. Restarted. Uninstalled. Rein...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Flac Support

will spotify be upgrading to flac support soon? and streaming in flac for higher quality music? if so spotify would be a leader in sound quality and would set it apart from other competitors. please consider this.

• Casual Listener
  • will spotify be upgrading to flac support soon? and streaming in flac for higher quality music? if so spotify would be a leader in sound quality and would set it apart from other competitors. please ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 212 replies
  • 193 likes
  • 212 replies
  • 193 likes

Solved!! When is FLAC coming...???? WE NEED LOSSLESS

14.99 a month and I'd do it. Just do it. Needed. Stop people having to listen to mp3. This isn't 2002.

• Music Fan
  • 14.99 a month and I'd do it. Just do it. Needed. Stop people having to listen to mp3. This isn't 2002.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 11 replies
  • 31 likes
  • Windows
  • 11 replies
  • 31 likes

Superuser Contribution "O Spotify não consegue tocar isso no momento. Se você tiver o arquivo no computador, é possível imp

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro (1909) My Question or IssueHi, I'm having a huge problem with spotify desktop app. After more or less five seconds of music, the song stops and I get the error message: "O Spotify nã...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 Pro (1909)   My Question or Issue Hi, I'm having a huge problem with spotify desktop app. After more or less five...
  • CarlosE
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Warning before adding duplicate songs to a playlist no longer shown

Win 10 1.1.47.684.g136419d9-a Desktop, Premium, Germanyis this a "feature" of the new UI? I need this in order to keep track of what I listened to before. I just switched to premium, but if this is not a bug and this behaviour persist I will cancel m...

• Roadie
  • Win 10 1.1.47.684.g136419d9-a Desktop, Premium, Germany is this a "feature" of the new UI? I need this in order to keep track of what I listened to before. I just switched to premium, but if this is...
  • ClementMemCX
  • Casual Listener
  • 15 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 5 likes

Dark user interface damages my eyes

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 8.1My Question or IssueIf I look at the Spotify app's user interface for more than about 20 seconds, I lose the ability to read text for several minutes. I have to keep my interactions with the ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device PC Operating System Windows 8.1 My Question or Issue If I look at the Spotify app's user interface for more than about 20 seconds, I lose the ability to re...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution listen songs no page of artist and songs likés

PlanFreeCountryFranceDeviceDesktop HP Operating System Windows 10 version 20H2my screenshot is on the page community FlorianLB My Question or IssueWhen i listen a songs a page of artist for example Mozart : but Is not listen the songs. the section of...

Capture d’écran 2021-02-20 135600.jpg
  • Composer
  • Plan Free Country France Device Desktop HP  Operating System  Windows 10  version 20H2 my screenshot is on the page community FlorianLB   My Question or Issue When i li...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • classical
    songs
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Sorting by Artist defaults to Title instead of Album

Operating SystemWindows 10 Spotify Version: Originally reported version 1.1.32.618.gda5638a6 Current version that is still experiencing the issue:1.1.44.538.g8057de92 My Question or IssueWhen sorting Liked Song's by Artist. What seemed like the indus...

micsea64_0-1589306551344.png micsea64_1-1589306691191.png
  • Visitor
  • Operating System Windows 10  Spotify Version:   Originally reported version 1.1.32.618.gda5638a6   Current version that is still experiencing the issue: 1.1.44.538.g8057de92 &n...
  • sammalamma88
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • bug
    Desktop
    sorting
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Podcasts Tab Missing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI cannot browse Podcasts on desktops. The category is completely missing. It exists on my phone, but not on any desktop app.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I cannot browse Podcasts on desktops. The category is completely missing. It exists on...
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't click shuffle or loop

PlanPremiumDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSubject line says it all. I literally can't click shuffle or loop. They're there, but they don't do anything. Restarting doesn't fix. While I'm here, sometimes when using the searc...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Subject line says it all. I literally can't click shuffle or loop. They're there, but they don't do anything. Resta...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local Files won't update

PlanFreeCountryIsraelDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI added an MP3 file to the folder Spotify takes the Local Files from. It was not added to the Spotify Local Files. I waited a lot, restarted my computer, tried adding dif...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Free Country Israel Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I added an MP3 file to the folder Spotify takes the Local Files from. It was not added to the ...
  • Creenel
  • Music Fan
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes