Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

this message keeps popping up i tried everything

this message keeps popping up i tried everything

a message saying firewall blocking spotify something like that even though
turned it off (auth error 15 ). i tried eveything on google. i turned off firewall i uninstalled spotify but the same message presists idk what to do
12 Replies

Hi there @lebnany10,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the Community. Let's take a closer look into this.

To start with, check that your router allows Spotify in- and outbound, and that your firewall software allows Spotify in- and outbound.

On another note, do you get the same behavior on the web player as you do on the desktop app?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

my router allows spotify and so does my firewall ( i even turned it off but also nothing chnaged ) 

when i open the web player i get this screen saying 

This site can’t be reached

The webpage at  might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_ADDRESS_INVALID

the desktop app doesnt even log me in it just gives me the red message thing that says firewall blocking spotify something like this with error auth code 15

Hey there @lebnany10,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if you're using a school/ work network or computer? This could be causing the issue.

You can try to connect your PC to a mobile hotspot from your phone, to check if the issue is network related.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

im using my own computer and my houses internet. spotify is working fine on my phone too.trieed hotspot and yet nothing changed on my pc and again its working on my phone ( i by mistake accepted this as a solution )

Hi @lebnany10!

Do you use Proxy? If yes, then during the login prompt. click Settings, set the appropriate Proxy type, enter your details and restart the app.

In case you don't use Proxy, click on Settings again and set the Proxy type to No proxy, then restart the app.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

i tried automatic proxy and no proxy like alot and nothing changed

Screenshot_2.png

idk if this might help us rn but at some point like 1-2 years ago ive found that one of siblings had download the cracked version of spot on my laptop would this be causing the problem

Hey there @lebnany10,

Thanks for your reply.

Just to confirm, are you using any VPNs? If so, we suggest that you deactivate it to ensure optimal performance of the app. 

On another note, we'd recommend clearing up your hosts file. Head here to find out how.

Also, we suggest that you disable any antivirus or ad-blocking software on your PC.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

i dont use any vpns and i alr disabled the antivirus. i deleted the hostfiles but i found alot of links that i dont understand are they causing the problem ?

can u pls help me

can u help me please

Hey @lebnany10,

Thanks for the replies.

Have you already tried performing a clean reinstall of the app as described on this page? This way we'll make sure you're running an official version from an official source.

What operating system do you have on your PC?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts